Old 07-21-2009, 03:22 PM   #1
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr
Default roundabouts

http://jalopnik.com/5318776/five-rea...bouts/gallery/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:33 PM   #2
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I have one in my neighborhood that has a curb and a grass middle. When on the DRZ, I usually just jump the curb and run through the grass turning it into a normal intersection. LOL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:38 PM   #3
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Where you can expect to spend the average European commute with your face firmly planted in the armpit of a person who believes eating copious amounts of garlic and horse meat provides adequate deodorization, American drivers can enjoy shock jocks and Starbucks. Being forced to walk through parks, eat in outdoor cafes and play in the street would force us to associate with other people and we don't like other people, especially mimes.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:03 PM   #4
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Moto: SV650 Interstate, CX500 rat-bobber, whatever else runs.

That was some pretty weak-ass humor through tired you-evil-American-capitalist-pigdogs cliches I expect better from Jalopnik... that seems more like a post from someone's blog about bicycling, or the vegan lifestyle, or how much they love their iBook.

Traffic circles are one of the few places i get to drag peg around here
Old 07-21-2009, 06:43 PM   #5
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

I have 4 circles near my house, two have crappy pavement and are always busy, one has great pavement, a 15mph sign and a police station on it. The last one has great pavement, almost no traffic, and I can haul ass around.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:15 PM   #6
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

They rock IMO, you don't have to come to a stop as you're approaching the circle. Don't see anyone, feel free to slam yourself right into it.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:34 PM   #7
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

They have a few in AK... lots of accidents... especially in the winter... but it's all because of idiot drivers.

well that and who ever designed the traffic circles in AK is a complete moron.

two simple rules for round abouts... out side lane exits, inside lane continues around circle. and those in the circle have the right away.

in AK the inside lane can exit too... and that's where the fuckup is... people expect that they have to keep turning left... right up until their headlights come through the drivers window and jaw jack them.

that being said they were a blast in winter... could drift my truck through them... they were on either side of a over pass so I'd do laps in my truck facing the center median... wish I'd have gotten a long exposure photo of that...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:08 AM   #8
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

I like em personally. they actually make sense, and help with speed control. well that and you can really piss someone you hate off by driving in circles as long as you can to make them dizzy.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:36 AM   #9
was92v
Nowhere Man

Many old southern small towns have done that around the town square since horse and buggy days, but now some of the entry streets have stop signs. But they seem to be stop-N-go with the flow. I always thought it was a cool and fun way to change directions.
was92v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:09 PM   #10
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
two simple rules for round abouts... out side lane exits, inside lane continues around circle. and those in the circle have the right away.
Why do you need 2 lanes in a traffic circle? The town I lived in only had 1 lane in theirs. Why would you even bother getting into the inside lane, seeing as how you're going to need to exit only 2-3 seconds later?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote