Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Dime Quarter > Wanted

Old 02-11-2010, 04:01 PM   #1
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630
Default WTB Radiator Fan Or Something Similar

My step-dad is wanting to build a fan assembly for an oil cooler. He's looking for a smallish fan (3"-4" diameter) that runs off of 12 volts, and is water resistant. If anyone has one they'll let go for cheap, or has any other fan suggestions, send me a PM. Thanks!
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:09 PM   #2
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

dude go find a pick n pull.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:21 PM   #3
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

When I did a mid engine rotary build I used Server fans in a ducted box . Bought them at radio shack Mind you this was on a stock Air to Oil Cooler on a Mazda 12b so it was moving a lot of heat. The fans are still working according the guy who bought the car from me.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:24 PM   #4
shmike
Follower

I've got a fan from a 675 that needs a home.

I'm not sure what it's worth, send me an offer.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:24 PM   #5
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
When I did a mid engine rotary build I used Server fans in a ducted box . Bought them at radio shack Mind you this was on a stock Air to Oil Cooler on a Mazda 12b so it was moving a lot of heat. The fans are still working according the guy who bought the car from me.
you have my attention. What was that in? Tranny?
Old 02-11-2010, 04:51 PM   #6
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

I wish you'd put this up about 2 weeks ago. I sold a whole parts bike and 3 motorcycle rad fans that would have worked for you for $100.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:14 AM   #7
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
you have my attention. What was that in? Tranny?
It was nothing all that special, The rig had started its Life as an Avenger GT12. A VW based GT40 Look alike Used a Type 3 VW transaxle ( CBpro street I think with the ring gear swap) a Kennedy Engineering Adapter and Hi rev clutch a Mazda 12b Built to my specs by Atkins Rotary a Camden 7.5 blower pulling through a holley 750 street Avenger Putting the weight into the middle of the car overcame some of the limits of the suspension. The down side was that it ate up th already limited cockpit space and I am 6'1 and at the time weighed 340 (lost well over 100lbs since) Had I kept the car my next move would have been to use the kit to swap in a Mustang II front suspension.
Fun car though 1350 dry with 225 hp at the rear in street trim and when I wanted a bit more I would swap the altinator and the blower pulleys and move from 6 pound of boost to 11.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:48 PM   #8
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
It was nothing all that special, The rig had started its Life as an Avenger GT12. A VW based GT40 Look alike Used a Type 3 VW transaxle ( CBpro street I think with the ring gear swap) a Kennedy Engineering Adapter and Hi rev clutch a Mazda 12b Built to my specs by Atkins Rotary a Camden 7.5 blower pulling through a holley 750 street Avenger Putting the weight into the middle of the car overcame some of the limits of the suspension. The down side was that it ate up th already limited cockpit space and I am 6'1 and at the time weighed 340 (lost well over 100lbs since) Had I kept the car my next move would have been to use the kit to swap in a Mustang II front suspension.
Fun car though 1350 dry with 225 hp at the rear in street trim and when I wanted a bit more I would swap the altinator and the blower pulleys and move from 6 pound of boost to 11.
ahh sweet. I hadnt consider vw base kitcars when i read that. I was thinking you mated the 12a to a transverse tranny and somehow stuffed it in an old mr2 or something like that. Damn, that sounds like fun too