Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Events

Old 05-05-2009, 05:10 PM   #41
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Oh no! You people will lose all respect for me if I don't intentionally ride 500 miles in a thunder storm. I'm riding all by myself, if something happens I'll be stuck. You're not daring me to eat a bug, you're daring me to risk my life so I can show up a day or two earlier. I'm supposed to meet Trip at the Gap Wed, but if there's a thunderstorm, I'll see everyone Thursday or Friday at T.W.O. I am impervious to peer pressure, remember I don't drink, smoke or take any drugs and that's why. If Carol Kirsch, the head cheerleader and Homecoming Queen,at Ottawa Hill High School, couldn't get me to smoke pot...well good luck to you lot...
They aren't asking you to do drugs, just be as much of a man as the wonderful TWFix ladies.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:15 PM   #42
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Weenie.

Im riding by myself, rain or no rain...man up sissy boy!

Seriously, if there is a thunder storm when you walk out the door, you are leaving anyway?

FINE! I'm putting Trip as my "In Case of Emergency" and if something happens to me I expect him to take care of my dog and get me buried or cremated or whatever.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:17 PM   #43
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
They aren't asking you to do drugs, just be as much of a man as the wonderful TWFix ladies.

There's brave and then there's stupid, if you ever get put in harm's way for an extended period of time you'll learn to understand the difference.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:18 PM   #44
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Now that we got you riding in the rain, its time to smoke up sissy boy.

I jokes, I jokes.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:33 PM   #45
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Seriously, if there is a thunder storm when you walk out the door, you are leaving anyway?

FINE! I'm putting Trip as my "In Case of Emergency" and if something happens to me I expect him to take care of my dog and get me buried or cremated or whatever.
Actually, its all about your sense of adventure. It may sound retarded stupid and crazy, and be seriously nervewracking, but it can be a blast! One of the best parts of mine and Ebbs ride up to Nick's last year WAS the thunderstorm we got stuck in.

Starting the event with a convo: "you think it'll rain? Nah, we're good, Im sure we'll ride right past it and never get hit."

5 minutes later, "holy schnikes batman, I CANT SEEEEE, the thunder is gonna knock me off the bike, pull over!!! CRAP, no exit!! WEEEEEEEEE!!!!! *under breath *suck it up princess!*"

Confused yet?

For me, sometimes theres nothing better than doing something totally retarded and idiotic to make me really enjoy life. Ebbs told me the other day, "insanity is the fuel of life". I think the crazy man may have a point...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:38 PM   #46
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

You got it right Chi! The first summer I started riding I got caught in a storm I'll never forget. It wasn't something I'd do on purpose but I'll never forget it either.

Tigger, we're giving you shit, you shouldn't leave in the middle of one. But these girls appear to have bigger balls than you

playin w/ ya man

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:41 PM   #47
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Actually, its all about your sense of adventure. It may sound retarded stupid and crazy, and be seriously nervewracking, but it can be a blast! One of the best parts of mine and Ebbs ride up to Nick's last year WAS the thunderstorm we got stuck in.

Starting the event with a convo: "you think it'll rain? Nah, we're good, Im sure we'll ride right past it and never get hit."

5 minutes later, "holy schnikes batman, I CANT SEEEEE, the thunder is gonna knock me off the bike, pull over!!! CRAP, no exit!! WEEEEEEEEE!!!!! *under breath *suck it up princess!*"

Confused yet?

For me, sometimes theres nothing better than doing something totally retarded and idiotic to make me really enjoy life. Ebbs told me the other day, "insanity is the fuel of life". I think the crazy man may have a point...

I ride in the rain all the time, it's not that. Getting stuck in a thunderstorm for 7 or 8+ hours is not my idea of an adventure, especially alone, on a freeway surrounded by semi trucks.... why do it? I can show up Fri when the weather is clear just the same and not have to deal with it. There are things that just happen and then there are things you can plan for. I see zero reason to "plan" an 8+ hour ride in a thunderstorm when I can easily avoid it, that's all. Once I get there and get all my stuff off the bike, I'll be happy to go for a ride in the rain with you for fun, just not on the freeway for 8 hours. Besides, you're not even meeting me at DGR on Wed so what do you care?
Old 05-05-2009, 05:42 PM   #48
the chi
Forum Coach

One of the most memorable rides I ever had it was raining so hard it was raining UP! With the sun shining!! Its all in how you respond to things.

One trip to ATL i got caught in a storm, flew past some lil old ladies, only to have them catch me up at a rest stop where I paused to remove rain gear...the looks on their faces were priceless when they realized I was female AND riding further than they were driving. I got thumbs up all around by 3 sisters in their 60's and 70's, AND a wave when I passed them again later. *sigh* The memories!
Old 05-05-2009, 05:44 PM   #49
the chi
Forum Coach

Quote:
I ride in the rain all the time, it's not that. Getting stuck in a thunderstorm for 7 or 8+ hours is not my idea of an adventure, especially alone, on a freeway surrounded by semi trucks.... why do it? I can show up Fri when the weather is clear just the same and not have to deal with it. There are things that just happen and then there are things you can plan for. I see zero reason to "plan" an 8+ hour ride in a thunderstorm when I can easily avoid it, that's all. Once I get there and get all my stuff off the bike, I'll be happy to go for a ride in the rain with you for fun, just not on the freeway for 8 hours. Besides, you're not even meeting me at DGR on Wed so what do you care?
Im just teasing you for whining!

I am coming up Thursday, planning on leaving at the butt crack of dawn as I expect it to take me at least 7 hours to get there...and I HATE mornings....so not only will I ride in the rain, I am actually hauling my ass outta bed so I can get there early enough Thursday to get some riding in!!
Old 05-05-2009, 08:47 PM   #50
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Alright pussies. Last year for those who aren't tired of the story, I rode 1300 miles in two days while Tropical Storm Fay followed me up the eastern seaboard. Then I turned around and did the same 1300 miles home when I got recalled for Tropical Disappointment Gustav. And this time I'm riding from Biloxi to Monroe, then to Suches with Rogue. Tigger, man up, strap on the bike, and get there.

I leave in the morning. I can't wait to meet all of you. Be careful.