Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2009, 11:55 AM   #1
Sanchez
Too sweet to be sour

Moto: 2006 Buell Ulysses, 2006 GSX-R 750
Default The Ugly Bikeling rides again

Some of you may recall my ugly GSX-R got even uglier a couple of months ago when a control rider knocked me off the track. It looked like this before the wreck (yes, this is the BEFORE shot, lol):

The wreck broke off the left side controls and the rear subframe, dented the tank, broke my front fairing stay, and knocked a chunk out of the upper fairing.

I performed a radical tailectomy on it, replaced the controls, and put the stock seat back on.

I only had a Vortex fairing stay for an 05 GSX-R 1000. It bolts up to the 06 GSX-R 750, but the ears are in the wrong place, so I had to drill even more holes in the upper fairing and muscle it around a bit.

There's a big chunk missing out of the side of the upper fairing, but zip ties and the belly pan held it on with no trouble.

Here she is in all her glory at Jennings last weekend:

A couple of action shots:

And onboard video from the Oregon Scientific ATC 2K I mounted on the right side:

[youtube]R4jE5ZSTC0I[/youtube]

I thought the missing tail section would bug me, but I really didn't notice it at all. So I'll just keep riding it like this till the wheels fall off.