Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Touring

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2011, 11:11 AM   #1
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS
Default Watch for Falling Rock - Trip Report (Pic Heavy)

Day 1:

This was a 850 mile ride from Lenoir City, TN out to Shawnee, OK. This was a good test day. I got some light rain going over the hills on I-40 just outside Lenoir City. Tried my rain gear out and it worked as expected. Temps ranged from about 60-90 this day. So I didn't get anything to test my Rev'It mesh suit beyond what I had ridden in with it. I did find out the neck closure rubbed my neck pretty harshly and leaving it open was best. This was the longest ride I have ever done in one day. It was pretty easy and the russell day long saddle lived up to it's price. No saddlesore at all. I didn't really take pics this day. Not really much to see on I-40. I did take these of the Mississippi. Flooding was bad around it. Didn't get a shot of the Arkansas border, it was on the stupid bridge and I couldn't get to my camera in time. Did get Oklahoma. So two new states.

I did experience what I am left to believe was an attempted theft of my stuff this day. I was stopping at gas stations without a lot of people to get in and out quick, but in a little gas station outside of Little Rock, AR; I caught a guy walking towards my bike that looked suspicious. I walked outside the store and toward my bike. He stopped and looked around for a bit and then walked back to the Wendy's across the street to his beater car and his whorish looking girlfriend. She was giving him waves to come back too. I think if I wouldn't of come out, he would of been trying to rip my wolfman bag off the back of my bike. I take all my electronics/tank bag/helmet in with me at every stop, but I still have a big wolfman bag and a extra gas can exposed with a wire lock to the bike though. The big panniers look appealing too, I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!

Last edited by Trip; 06-11-2011 at 10:46 PM..
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote