Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #21
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Ghost View Post
Check out this place for parts. I'd just go with a good jamma board with a switcher so you can use your xbox or other system.
http://www.jammaboards.com/

Keep in mind whether you want mostly vertical or horizontal games as that will determine which way you mount your monitor and which game board you get. Mine is a vertical 48 game multicade with a 27" monitor.
They are very, very heavy so, make sure you put heavy-duty wheels with brakes under it so you can move it around easier!
Yeah, I am not doing jamma boards. I am going with a computer running hyperspin, then I can have as many games as I want. Not concerned with a switcher, those are easy.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:22 PM   #22
Trip
Hold mah beer!

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/inde...topic=116374.0

This one is really making me want to learn woodworking and building my own tribute cab. I am thinking I am going to do a TMNT or TMNT Turtles in Time tribute cab.

Like Donkey Kong and Pac Man were the ideal for the older generation. I remember my local Pizza Inn having TMNT and me, my uncle, and cousin beating it one day when my uncle took us to Pizza Inn. It was awesome. I just can't remember if it was the original Turtles or Turtles in Time. I had the Turtles in Time for SNES and played it a fuck ton, but I don't really remember the original. Plus, they were 4 player cabs and the viewing angle on these are better for a 4 player cab setup.

Last edited by Trip; 02-29-2012 at 01:24 PM..
Old 03-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #23
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

I want a Super Street Fighter 4 arcade machine, be it real or home made.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #24
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Found a local arcade repair shop that is going to refurb an old NBA Jam/NFL Blitz Cab. They are pulling off the control panel, cause I don't want that, refurbing the monitor, redoing paint/artwork/marquee/t-molding, and basically cleaning the fuck out of it. I think I want them to use TMNT artwork for the sides and marquee. Then for the control panel, I am going to order one of the quad panels from Mameroom.com. So this project is underway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 03-22-2012, 10:32 PM   #25
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Purchased a bunch of parts. Shits getting real. Started the process of getting the cab refurbished.

Got some GGG Electric Ice 2 LED RGB concave buttons.

Got 5 Sanwa JLFs, which are considered one of the ultimate fight sticks. Also got hollow shafts and translucent ball tops along with LED RGBs for cool ass illumination

The trackball I want is currently not in stock and I haven't figured out which spinner I want yet.

MAME awesomeness is developing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 03-23-2012, 07:40 AM   #26
Turbo Ghost
Movie Star

Moto: KLR650

Are those joysticks 4/8 way switchable? I ended up switching mine back to the 4-way side so that games like pacman and make trax were easier to play. It takes less than a minute to switch if I want to go back.
What I would really love is a good rotary dial for super-breakout but, I'm not sure my board is set up for it.
Those are some damn nice items you've got there! Can't wait to see the finished product!
Turbo Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:01 AM   #27
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Ghost View Post
Are those joysticks 4/8 way switchable? I ended up switching mine back to the 4-way side so that games like pacman and make trax were easier to play. It takes less than a minute to switch if I want to go back.
What I would really love is a good rotary dial for super-breakout but, I'm not sure my board is set up for it.
Those are some damn nice items you've got there! Can't wait to see the finished product!
Yes they are switchable, but there are actually going to be 4 8-way sticks and 1 4-way stick on my control panel at all times.

I am getting one a spinner as well, just haven't decided how big I want to go with it. They work great for driving games too and you can get tops for them to look like mini steering wheels.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:57 PM   #28
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

I like the arcade games. I had an Aliens vs Predator one that worked flawlessly. I'm gonna have to bust out my box of hold HDD's and find them.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #29
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I wouldn't even consider a CRT, fuck that... LCD monitor all the way...
Why?

I would think the square shape and the round screen of the CRT would look much more "arcade-ish" than a flat screened 16:9 set up.

In the video you posted, that looks to be a CRT screen and fits the theme perfectly.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #30
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Why?

I would think the square shape and the round screen of the CRT would look much more "arcade-ish" than a flat screened 16:9 set up.

In the video you posted, that looks to be a CRT screen and fits the theme perfectly.
I am going CRT now, it's cheaper and already designed to fit my cab. Going 16:9 really fucks up a lot of screen space when all the classics are 4:3.