Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2008, 04:49 AM   #1
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S
Default Concerns about my wife on the track.

I'm pretty sure she'll be buying the new 250R when I get back. That's all good. I'm excited about that. But the more and more I read about deaths and what not, I'm seriously contemplating having her just do track riding ONLY. Maybe get some practice in on neighborhood streets/big lots where there's not much traffic to get comfortable.

For the level one guys, do you guys encounter people that seems like it's their first time on a bike ever? I intend on her taking the class at the track day, so she'll getthe basics down as far as holding your line and all that. Actually, I can see why level one guys can only pass in the straights now. Because of people in the same boat as my wife.

I'm just worried she'll get scared out there because of all the other bikes passing her fairly close. And I don't want her riding when she's scared, you know? Personally, I think she can do it. I just need a place for her to get the basics down, at speed, first. I know Kurt (Zortness) was going to get his wife a bike too, load it up on his trailer, and head to some practice spots and he said we should tag along as well, which was cool as hell. My biggest concern is her causing a wreck because she is not familiar with other people riding close to her.

What do you guys think about her being on the track, even before riding on the street?

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote