Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 06-19-2011, 11:25 AM   #31
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

So, NHL got a record of 8.7 million viewers for Game 7. That's the highest number they have had in almost 40 years.

This is the newest numbers I can find (2008) on millions of viewers (averaged if multiple game series)

Quote:
Super Bowl -- 97.5 million
NFL playoffs avg. -- 32.9
Summer Olympics primetime avg. -- 27.7
BCS Nat'l Championship -- 23.1
NCAA men's BB finals -- 19.5
Rose Bowl -- 19.0
Daytona 500 -- 17.8
NBA Finals avg. -- 14.9
NFL regular season avg. -- 14.6
Kentucky Derby -- 14.2
World Series avg. -- 13.6
MLB All-Star Game -- 13.4
The Masters -- 11.0
NFL Pro Bowl -- 10.0
US golf Open Sat-Mon avg. -- 9.2
Home Run Derby -- 9.1
March Madness avg. -- 8.4
Indy 500 -- 7.2
NASCAR avg. -- 7.4
NBA All-Star Game -- 6.3
MLB playoffs avg. -- 5.7
Wimbledon men's final -- 5.2
NFL Draft Day 1 -- 4.8
NHL Stanley Cup finals avg -- 4.5
NBA playoffs avg. -- 4.1
Euro final -- 3.8
College football regular season avg. -- 3.8
NBA regular season avg. -- 1.6
MLB regular season avg. -- 1.6
UEFA Champions League finals -- 1.1
MLS championship -- 0.9
NHL All-Star game -- 0.9
NHL playoffs avg. -- 0.8
MLS All-Star game -- 0.5
NHL regular season avg. -- 0.4
MLS regular season avg. -- 0.3
MLS playoffs avg -- 0.2
Way to compete with MLS. Lulz....

I am not a basketball fan either, but hockey fans bashing basketball fans over viewership is laughable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!

Last edited by Trip; 06-19-2011 at 11:28 AM..
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:33 PM   #32
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
NBC's coverage of Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals drew the largest audience for an NHL game in the U.S. since 1973 and made NBC the night's most-watched network.

The Boston Bruins 4-0 victory over the Vancouver Canucks Wednesday averaged 8.54 million viewers, according to live plus same-day figures released today by The Nielsen Co.
Quote:
CBC announced another stunning rating for Game 7 of the Stanley Cup final. A record 8.76 million Canadians tuned in for the Boston Bruins’ clincher over the Vancouver Canucks, the second largest audience in history for CBC.
8.54 Million USA viewers
8.76 Million Canadian (Almost 1/3 of our population)

17.3 Million Viewers in North America for the final game... Not 8.7..

Its also not the highest rated game ever. As I said, the south doesnt care about hockey, the north does. You'll find that most of your 8.54 million viewers bordered Canada. And thats only CBC and NBC, im sure other American channels carried the game in other places... (I know the NHL network also had it up here, which is a subscription service)

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:45 PM   #33
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
........ You'll find that most of your 8.54 million viewers bordered Canada. And thats only CBC and NBC, im sure other American channels carried the game in other places... (I know the NHL network also had it up here, which is a subscription service)
Those worthless pieces of shit at VERSUS were carrying the playoff hockey games.

Those jackasses were NOT showing the National Anthems. I fired off an email to them asking if they were unpatriotic or just plain embarrassed that our friends to north showed more heartfelt enthusiasm for their anthem then the US did.

Spineless bastards never replied back
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:56 PM   #34
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
8.54 Million USA viewers
8.76 Million Canadian (Almost 1/3 of our population)

17.3 Million Viewers in North America for the final game... Not 8.7..

Its also not the highest rated game ever. As I said, the south doesnt care about hockey, the north does. You'll find that most of your 8.54 million viewers bordered Canada. And thats only CBC and NBC, im sure other American channels carried the game in other places... (I know the NHL network also had it up here, which is a subscription service)
I wasn't posting numbers of all of North America. I could careless what the Canadian numbers are, I was strictly speaking of the USA.

It still doesn't matter what you say. 8.7 in the USA is a tiny fraction of the entire USA. The north has a big portion of the population in the USA. 8.7 isn't all that much. Hockey just isn't a big sport NOW in comparison to the other big 3 and it can be seen in the numbers I provided. It doesn't matter what the biggest number the finals have pulled, this is the biggest number in 38 years. That's just sad. You guys are competing on the MLS level in the USA and I don't know anyone that watches MLS. LOL

I get it, Canadians love hockey. That view is not shared by most of American sports viewership. You don't rank up against basketball in the USA and the numbers prove it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!

Last edited by Trip; 06-19-2011 at 09:59 PM..
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote