Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Around the World > Southwest Riders

Old 09-01-2009, 10:02 AM   #31
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdog View Post
If you can put some pressure on her, I would appreciate it. I have no leverage on her anymore - all I can do is refuse to pay for the alterations and possibly write up a complaint on several TX motorcycle forums. I've done nothing to make her mistrust me yet she's twice failed to ship after being paid.
That sucks.

I'll see what I can do.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:24 PM   #32
pdog
Refugee

Moto: Pimped 2005 SV650

She just wrote me back stating that she didn't want to use Paypal anymore, that she would accept check or money order. Here's my response:

Quote:
Shannon, the thing you need to understand is that Paypal has the money now, not me. The money is out of my account - the dispute will determine whether the money goes into my account or your account. You need to convince them that you have done the right thing as a seller. If you do not, they will return me the money and probably ding your account somehow as possibly fraudulent.

All you need to do to resolve this is ship the jacket with delivery confirmation. Put the tracking number in the Paypal dispute center so the Paypal person can see and track the shipment. Once it's been signed for, Paypal will close the dispute in your favor. Heck, I will close it too because I signed for it! I can't get the jacket without signing for it - if I don't sign for it, it will be returned to you. And because I don't have the money in my account anymore, it's not my choice to pay you or not. It's Paypal's.

Be realistic and think of this situation from my point of view: I won't pay you via either of those mechanisms because then I have no way to ensure I get my jacket. I've tried paying you twice and both times you never sent me anything. You can simply cash the check and never send me anything. This needs to go through Paypal.

Just ship the jacket with delivery confirmation, put the tracking code in Paypal and this will all be resolved.
pdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:44 PM   #33
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Well it's a week later, got yer jacket?
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:43 PM   #34
was92v
Nowhere Man

I've had suits worked on 3 times. Once to get a hole patched locally. It looked like shit and the patch was paper thin.
Then I called Syed about putting in a new zipper. He said to ship it to him and he would look it over. He called and said he would replace it, I don't remember the cost. I got it back with a new zipper, crash repairs and a new patch on the sleeve. I received it back before I could even send the money, like a couple of days.
Then I had Bill alter it for me since I had gained a little weight. The work was perfect, got it back quick, and never had a problem.
was92v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:07 AM   #35
pdog
Refugee

Nope, I've written it off as a lost cause. Moira even met her at Cresson this weekend to get it from her but she wrote me an email later saying she refused to turn over the jacket because I had not paid Moira in advance (M was going to pay her and then I was going to pay M when I picked it up).

Thanks to Moira for the help. I'm sorry it didn't work out.

I'll write up my experience and post it to my blog so that others can get my POV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYEster View Post
Well it's a week later, got yer jacket?
Old 09-09-2009, 08:48 AM   #36
pdog
Refugee

The whole sordid tale from my POV:

http://www.perham.net/mike/log/2009/...-city-leather/
Old 09-10-2009, 12:53 AM   #37
nomad13RR
Squid

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR929RR

Hopefully she comes around and you finally get your jacket back. That is pretty sorry customer service or I guess I should say totally lacking customer service.

Good Luck,
Richie
nomad13RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:55 AM   #38
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Sorry, but I side with Shannon on this one - she was stung by a bee shortly after your paypal making her BLIND for a week. Why didn't you call her? She couldn't read email, watch tv, read a book, work on her stuff.... then gets ready to ship and BAM dispute. A dispute takes up to five days to clear, which was JUST enough time for you to dispute again. Would you ship to someone that continues to yank the money away from you?

Oh, and your email didn't reach her until she was already at the track. She is a person that doesn't carry a laptop, doesn't use a blackberry and is at the track for DAYS.... do you think she read your email until after she got home? Again, why not just call her and talk to her about it? You say no customer service, I say the customer is NOT always right.

I'm sorry you're having a hard time with it. But, the fastest way to deal with someone doing leather repair is to send a check WITH the jacket when sending it in. That way, she does the work and ships without needing to do anything more like wait or send eInvoices.

Send a check.

She'll send you your jacket. I know she will....

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:22 PM   #39
pdog
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Sorry, but I side with Shannon on this one - she was stung by a bee shortly after your paypal making her BLIND for a week. Why didn't you call her?
I didn't know her number, just her email address. Admittedly a phone call would have nipped this situation in the bud.

Quote:
She couldn't read email, watch tv, read a book, work on her stuff.... then gets ready to ship and BAM dispute.
She admitted she had not even started the work before the first dispute (17 days after I shipped!) and not did she inform me of her medical issue until after I had filed the dispute. I had emailed her asking for the status and she did not reply within 3 days. I sympathize but she did not go out of her way to inform me of any delay nor did she respond to my status query in a timely manner. This is fundamental to running an Internet business IMO.

Quote:
A dispute takes up to five days to clear, which was JUST enough time for you to dispute again. Would you ship to someone that continues to yank the money away from you?
A dispute remains open for 10 days or until someone closes it. I closed the first one once she explained what happened and told me she would not ship until the dispute was closed. Technically it is impossible to open a second dispute on a transaction except that I called PayPal and they said she was dead wrong to extort me to close the dispute before she would ship. She should have shipped with delivery confirmation and PayPal would have found in her favor if I kept the dispute open.

The real kicker here is simply that she is unwilling to use COD. There's no reason that I can think of why an honest merchant wouldn't be willing to use COD. COD means I have to pay for the jacket to take possession of it. There's 0% risk to her and my risk is lessened 100% - I don't have to trust her and she doesn't have to trust me. That's a perfectly workable solution which she will not accept.

Last edited by pdog; 09-10-2009 at 02:15 PM..