Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 10-23-2012, 11:37 AM   #1
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Given that a lot of my commute is spent in stop and go traffic, and lane splitting is illegal here, I avoid taking the bike if I know I am going to hit rush hour. That, and during the summer it's 90 million degrees... cooking on top of the Duc on top of hot asphalt around hot cars under the hot sun for an hour... just not my idea of fun.

Edit to add: and holy crap I seem to attract every douchebag mouth breather on the road. Either it's the morons who park in the left lane going under the speed limit (and stacking up traffic behind them), or it's the road ragers who tailgate me, cut me off, or otherwise feel like they have a bone to pick with me because I ride a bright red motorcycle.

One of these days I'm going to just go track only.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:03 PM   #2
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Mine was completely stock, nothing ricer done to it at all. No can, no tinted windows, bland civic.
That's the Z4...nothing at all done to it. But the truck and the GTI both have a modified exhaust (as does every single motorcycle I've ever owned) so I guess it's MY fault How DARE I want a little throaty sound and FEEL like I'm driving instead of humming my way on the back of a prius to work. I dunno....people are stupid.

That 12 yr old GTI has less HP than most base model Hyundai's (I remember when a 5.0 mustang had a WHOPPING 225 hp stock) yet you'd think I had a neon sign in the back window "1000HP turbo ready to wax yo ass civic owners!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archren View Post
I seem to attract every douchebag mouth breather on the road.
Me too AT least..I hope that's the case, and the roads just aren't overfilled with them ALL the time. That's one of the primary reasons I went track/dirt only. I have ENOUGH to deal with when I'm in a cage and armed.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #3
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archren View Post
Given that a lot of my commute is spent in stop and go traffic, and lane splitting is illegal here, I avoid taking the bike if I know I am going to hit rush hour. That, and during the summer it's 90 million degrees... cooking on top of the Duc on top of hot asphalt around hot cars under the hot sun for an hour... just not my idea of fun.

Edit to add: and holy crap I seem to attract every douchebag mouth breather on the road. Either it's the morons who park in the left lane going under the speed limit (and stacking up traffic behind them), or it's the road ragers who tailgate me, cut me off, or otherwise feel like they have a bone to pick with me because I ride a bright red motorcycle.

One of these days I'm going to just go track only.
lanesplitting is only illegal if you get caught its a necessary evil in the NYC/LI area
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote