Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 09-22-2008, 11:57 AM   #11
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Alot has to do with your particular track day organization and who regularly attends...If your thinking about moving up or down you have alittle insight into who makes up each level. At Hallett the expert group is usually current or ex CMRA racers with fully track prpared rides and the speeds they travel can be really daunting to the uninitiated. Meanwhile Beginner is dog slow and 25 seconds off the normal pace, so unless your on a ninja 250 you will have a hard time getting any clean laps in.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:11 PM   #12
r!der
snowboarder

Moto: 05 GSXR 600

I've seen days where the pace is brisk in the intermediate group, but I've seen more days where I just can't get a clean lap. I agree a lot has to do with the particular group that's attending.

Like Dlit said, checking times is prob a good indicator of which group to ride in, I'll prob see where I stand in comparison to the times in the advanced group.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:14 PM   #13
r!der
snowboarder

Moto: 05 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Entirely too much other bullshit goes on in the Intermediate group - it's a group filled with those too fast [in their own mind] to be called slow, and sandbaggers (those good enough for Advanced, but their ego can't take being passed).
LOL
This is true.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:46 PM   #14
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

I was suggested to do so by several of the advanced group riders, and then by an instructor.

At first I was nervous and waited a couple sessions to bump up... but after I did it was the best move I could have made.

Intermediate has a lot of yahoos in it... especially at some of the 2-day events I've done... after the first day a bunch of red group riders (their first TD, gixxer 1k type guys often times) will bump up for the second day because they were 'getting held up' in beginner group on the first day and come and park it in the corners, wail on the straights, run erratic lines, etc.

At the last TD's, I was one of the slower blue group riders... but never felt uncomfortable or like I was in anyone's way, and I never had trouble passing slower riders either. Everyone is curteous, and on their line all the time. People are just smoother and more alert/consistent.

Basically... I'm telling you to bump if the option is yours.

Just my experience, anyways...
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote