Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Dirt

Old 08-23-2009, 10:39 AM   #1
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Default I planned on riding.

I was going to do my part in adding something to a section other then off topic. My plan was to take my brother in laws dirt bike for a ride. I only had an hour before dark, so I had wishful thinking that I could get this bike started (He has been away training for his new job so it hasn't been played with in a while) and ready to go and still have time to ride.

First things first. Haul it out of the garage. Simple. Start the bike. 5 kicks or so and she is running (not great but its running). BTW I put in new fuel as well.

So now that it started I can get dressed. Throw on my MSR gear that I bought years ago when I had my Blaster. Put on his Alpine Stars Tech 6 boots, helmet and gloves and I'm ready to kick up some dust. Wrong.

Wife took some pictures then I went to start it. Then I tried again and again. My wife was going to the store so I said this is going to take a bit so you can leave. When she left I was fully dress trying to start it. When she got back I only had boots and pants on, sweating like a pig. 30 minutes of pulling the spark plug, replacing and kick starting will do that.

At that point I ditched the idea of riding and pushed the bike back into the garage to work on it. Took off the carb and cleaned the fuel out and look everything over. After I put it back together I decided to lube the chain while I was dirty.

After taking it off the stand I hoped on and gave it a kick. She screamed to life. She is now ready to roll. To bad it was dark out.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:42 AM   #2
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

What kind of dirt bike is it?
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:50 AM   #3
Flexin
AMA Supersport

The bike is a Yamaha YZ125.

James
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 018 [].JPG (164.2 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg 019 [].JPG (184.6 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg 020 [].JPG (177.0 KB, 60 views)
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 08-23-2009, 11:15 AM   #4
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Fun times indeed
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:19 AM   #5
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Nice posing. you need a busa.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:38 AM   #6
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
Fun times indeed
From what I remember it was much more fun when running. I will find out for sure in a few days to a week. Its a good feeling to put it back together and have the engine scream to life. I can't wait to get it out.

James
Old 08-23-2009, 11:43 AM   #7
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
Nice posing. you need a busa.
LOL. After posing I went to work trying to get it running again. I thought my leg was going to fall off. LOL. I plan to have some fun on that. My brother in law is away working and said I can take it out anytime I want. I'm going to see how much riding I can get between now and the end of fall.

How does the Busa handle the dirt? I will ride it all.

James
Old 08-23-2009, 10:44 PM   #8
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Holy fuck!!! The storm wasn't much so I went for a ride this evening. I took a quick run around the house and it seemed to be working really good so I took off and headed for the fire road. I got myself in a mess just trying to get there with the rain that was put down.

Long story short...I get to the fire roads and run for a bit, I realize I don't know the time and that it might not be too long before it gets dark so I should turn around soon. It was about a minute after this that the motor started to bog down on me for some reason. I think oh shit I better turn around and get as far as I can before it cuts out on me. I didn't even turn around before this happened.

The bike would start, then start to bog down. So I ended up pushing the bike about 4-5 kms easy. I walked with the bike for about 1.5 hours.

I needed to start training anyway because I'm thinking about trying to get into firefighting school but I did not plan on that kind of workout for tonight.

After putting the bike in the garage I drove to the store and bought a Gatorade and a liter of water. I was about 20 kms from the store to my house. I downed both bottles before I got home. I was dry as hell.

So does anyone know what would cause the bike to bog down like that. When I would re start it the thing would fire up nice then bog down in seconds.

James
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001 [].JPG (138.1 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 002 [].JPG (137.6 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 003 [].JPG (155.1 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg 012 [].JPG (121.0 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg 013 [].JPG (149.7 KB, 44 views)
Old 09-13-2009, 09:03 PM   #9
zuuk750
Trailer Queen

Moto: 2009 gsxr 750

check the fuel lines, would def. run an in-line fuel filter. check airfilter as well, and that the mix isnt too rich. good luck dude!
zuuk750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:08 PM   #10
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Nice bike!!

Looks like you had some fun that night, minus pushing it.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote