Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Dirt

Old 07-12-2009, 01:58 PM   #1
squidward
KTM? Who makes those?

Moto: 09 KTM 450 XC-F
Default Changes

It was a torrid one year affair, but it just couldn't last. She was too wild for me and just always wanted to move too fast. After a few too many road side interviews and autograph requests along with some serious soul searching, I realized that I was no longer as attracted to this kind of girl as I had been in my youth. For the sake of my license and/or freedom and to be fair to her, we had to part ways.

Good bye, Betty. It was fun while it lasted.

I'm quick on the rebound and picked up this sweet young thing at the same place where I dumped Betty. Say hello to my new lady Gertrude....aka Dirty Gerty. I'm waiting on some of the goodies that were ordered to show up in the next week or so and to get some new gear so I can go break her in properly. It feels good to be back with a simple outdoorsy gal that likes to get dirty with me.

Her first bling.....a KTM disc guard/caliper carrier and a KTM USFS approved spark arrester. I also installed the map switch so I can swap between the two ignition curves on the fly instead of unplugging and switching wires.

Just waiting on the skid plate, case guard, hour meter, radiator braces and bark busters.
squidward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 02:16 PM   #2
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Nice find!! I've got the 450exc... and LOVE it.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:44 PM   #3
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

nice fuckin super duke, sorry to see it go

sexy 450, dirt is a fuckin blast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:35 AM   #4
Chris S
Kneedragger

Moto: '07 KTM Super Duke (for sale), '07 KTM 300 XC-W

Congrats, John! I totally understand about the SD - mine is the best street bike I've ever owned, but I feel like it's always influencing me to do things that could get me in trouble.

Enjoy the 450, it's a great bike.

Moira, do you ever get yours dirty, or is it track only?
Chris S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:20 PM   #5
squidward
KTM? Who makes those?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
Congrats, John! I totally understand about the SD - mine is the best street bike I've ever owned, but I feel like it's always influencing me to do things that could get me in trouble.

Enjoy the 450, it's a great bike.

Moira, do you ever get yours dirty, or is it track only?
Thanks.....I still can't believe I have forsaken my 2-stroke roots, but I figured I'd give this thumper thing a fair shake. Besides, I think it will be more versatile for MX, trail riding, racing TORN, and some flat-tracking from time to time.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:28 PM   #6
Speedracer42
Kneedragger

I think it is unlikely you will regret the 450. I made the 4 stroke switch in 2006 with a KX250f and loved it. This year I just stepped up to the 450 and it's amazing. I can seat bounce stuff and jumps out of corners with ease that I either had to work way hard on or couldn't do at all on the 250.
Speedracer42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:15 PM   #7
Chris S
Kneedragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedracer42 View Post
I think it is unlikely you will regret the 450. I made the 4 stroke switch in 2006 with a KX250f and loved it. This year I just stepped up to the 450 and it's amazing. I can seat bounce stuff and jumps out of corners with ease that I either had to work way hard on or couldn't do at all on the 250.
I had a 450 XC when I bought my 300 XC-W. Had them both for a year or more, then sold the 450 b/c it was so rarely ridden. I prefer the 300 2s, but KTM makes both types so we can come to our ind. conclusions and have a choice. My next bike is likely to be a newer 300 XC, but my '07 still feels really good.

I'd still have the 450 if I rode MX or supermoto, but the 2s is awesome in the type of terrain I ride most, and I also like the greatly reduced maint. sched.

John, good luck w/ your racing endeavors - the 450 s/b a great bike for that! Keep us in the loop w/ how it goes!
Old 07-15-2009, 02:10 AM   #8
squidward
KTM? Who makes those?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
John, good luck w/ your racing endeavors - the 450 s/b a great bike for that! Keep us in the loop w/ how it goes!
I can already tell you how the racing will go....I'll be slow and finish poorly in each race that I don't crash out of, but I'll have a blast doing it.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:55 AM   #9
Chris S
Kneedragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidward View Post
I'll have a blast doing it.
That's all that matters!
Old 07-19-2009, 12:22 PM   #10
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

Congrats mang. Swap out the factory coolant for water, mine was steaming like a pig last weekend after some particularly difficult singletrack.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote