Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell > Cage Tech

Old 07-18-2011, 04:26 PM   #71
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
It was a lease.....I sold it to CarMax (yeah I know) and they gave me 1900 bucks more than I owed on it after 15 months of driving it. I put 995 out of pocket on it and it was 200 a month lease.

This Mazda was 999 down and 199 a month. So...I sold the Golf, put the 995 down, kept the same payment and bought 3 sets of race tires with the 900.

I sell cars when it's profitable. You just have to know when to sell and be forceful at what cost the cost vehicle needs to be.
OK......just sounds like a lot of money for the priveledge of always having new cars........You spent 200 x 15 = 3,000 plus the 995 out of pocket. Yeah you got 900 profit from selling it, but you still spent over 3,000 for 15 months of driving....

Seems like you could have bought a 2 year old used Golf, which would have only depreciated 1-2K over that same amount of time, if you negotiated right.

Cuz I like telling people what to do

Shoulda kept the Golf anyway.....Mazda 3 seats have no lumbar support last I remember

Last edited by Homeslice; 07-18-2011 at 05:57 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:37 PM   #72
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Are you just acting stupid? You just turned the heater control knob to full hot. No shit it is gonna blow hotter when you turn it all the way hot. But do you need a label that says "Max AC" to tell you that putting it all the way cold puts the door vents fully to the evaporator? Is it not obvious? The answer is NO. My point is the label Max AC does nothing IF you have a recirc button.

Would you like a Max Hot label too?
Still wrong. If I have my A/C running in my truck (Nissan), car (Mazda), or SUV (BMW) with Recirculate ON, then switch to MAX, you can HEAR the changes to the air speed. Exactly what that change is, I don't know, but it's clearly doing something more than recirculating.

And the Nissan will modulate the auxiliary cooling fan when normal AC is on, whether or not recirculate is active. It runs 100% of the time MAX AC is selected. Whether it's the same on the others, I don't know, my wife drives them more than me.

So, clearly not all AC systems are created equal. The only thing more clear is this subject has run its course several times over. Should you feel the need to "debate" this further, please PM ParticleMan.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:43 PM   #73
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

But if the A/C is set at MAX on a treadmill, will it take off?
defector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:44 PM   #74
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
But if the A/C is set at MAX on a treadmill, will it take off?
Dude, stop that. The universe will implode

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:05 PM   #75
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Desert Only? LMAO....

Of course this is AMC we're talking about. A company that comes up with crap like the Pacer and the Gremlin can't be very smart.
At least it didn't have a douchebag auto transmission in it. Three on the tree, baby.

Appropriately, my dad gave that car away to our garbage man.
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:14 PM   #76
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
At least it didn't have a douchebag auto transmission in it. Three on the tree, baby.
A manual tranny on the steering column? Typical American thinking.....Too afraid to put the stick on the floor, for fear of losing that vaunted 6-passenger claim in their advertising.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:28 PM   #77
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
A manual tranny on the steering column? Typical American thinking.....Too afraid to put the stick on the floor, for fear of losing that vaunted 6-passenger claim in their advertising.
We had a truck with the manual tranny on the column. It was pretty neat

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:45 PM   #78
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post

Appropriately, my dad gave that car away to our garbage man.
Three on the tree is a pain in the knee. I remember the saying, just never remember it being a problem.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:02 PM   #79
RedRider2k2
Holier Than Thou

Moto: 06 ZX10R, 18 400 Ninja, 11 KLX250s

Almost an additional 40 posts since I revived this...Nice.
RedRider2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:03 PM   #80
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
Still wrong. If I have my A/C running in my truck (Nissan), car (Mazda), or SUV (BMW) with Recirculate ON, then switch to MAX, you can HEAR the changes to the air speed. Exactly what that change is, I don't know, but it's clearly doing something more than recirculating.....
It's forcing the air out of only the center vents...but you could have just PUT it on the center vents.

Quote:
....And the Nissan will modulate the auxiliary cooling fan when normal AC is on, whether or not recirculate is active. It runs 100% of the time MAX AC is selected. Whether it's the same on the others, I don't know, my wife drives them more than me....
Remove your HVAC control head and then turn the thing ON to Max AC. If there is a different signal being sent in Max AC, then I'll agree that there must then be varying high side pressure ranges to run the condensor fan.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 07-18-2011 at 11:09 PM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote