Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Events

View Poll Results: Will you stay at the Blairsville Holiday Inn for the meet in Suches GA May 8-10?
Yes I'm staying there 13 43.33%
No, I'm either not coming or will have other accomodations. 17 56.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2009, 11:35 PM   #631
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
I'm kinda skurred.

Good

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:00 AM   #632
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post

Good

Old 02-12-2009, 08:40 AM   #633
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Moto: Victory Kingpin Low

I really hope I can go...sounds like it's gonna be historic!

Rogue - Don't know if you've heard from TWO yet but don't worry, it's owned by husband and wife (last I heard) and my guess is if you haven't heard it's because they're not there. There are only a few rooms in the lodge, everything else is fcfs camping space (my personal fave). This is where I'll stay if I can manage some time off!
Cruzergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:28 AM   #634
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Still waiting on the hotel to call me this morning, I'll hit them at lunch if I haven't heard by then. As for the trip up, a few thoughts.

I can ride to Atlanta in a day. I usually do between 75 and 85, but I go slow enough to be safe so I'm pretty easy to follow and I'll ride out by about 0700. If we needed to stop in Atlanta (don't know why) I can get a military room on Dobbins or Robbins, between me ebbs and whoever else we should be able to bunk up cheap. But I plan on leaving at 0700 and riding straight through on the Wednesday or Thursday prior, my plans will revolve around the group riding I guess.

Rogue, I am a pizza delivery guy. I have an obscene amount of $1 bills on my person at all times. Be prepared.

I can carry a decent amount of Yuengling or Dead Guy Ale on my bike, I have a luggage rack and semi-hard bags. I'll bring a six-pack of each for taste testing upon request, but more than that we'll have to find there. And I'll drink the Dead Guy, it and Corona are about the only beers I drink regularly.

I met people from a gun forum I was on years ago and it was awesome, so I'm looking forward to it. The reason I started the Suches Rally was that I tried to make the CF rally last August in Oxford PA. I actually made it to the KY/OH/WV border and got recalled by my base for Hurricane Gustave (stupid UCC.) I'm looking forward to meeting as many of you as I can, like I said, none of you are real yet, so this will be nice.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:44 AM   #635
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Im thinking if I ride or even cage it, I wont be stopping. After the hours Ebbs and I did last year along with a few others, up to Suches is NOTHING.

What was it, 7 hours of nothing but mountains and twisties, then another 5 on the super slab...i remember 11 hours 59 minutes...and no gas!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:51 AM   #636
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Ebbs [quote]Yeah I hear ya. I'd rather come up thereā€¦ better riding but its up to you.

Biloxi is only 2-3 his from rae... And that was 904 miles from the campground I stayed at. 14hrs worth. [quote]

I just want do do something fun, go somewhere, break away from the stress here at home. The Mothers day date kills anything but a dash to Biloxi and back. Maybe I will host my own TWFix Dirty South ride in the Ozarks

The Bikes and Blues thing here in Fay is cool but way to "touristy" with gouging motels and big crowds. They say it was only beaten by Daytona and Sturgis last year Much more fun to the only bikes in the mountains.

I really do want to meet you all in person as I feel like I know you and are good friends already. All the TWFers are interesting and entertaining. Here in Fay I have 1, maybe 2 guys I ride with and can tolerate, probably 3-4 more in the rest of the state. I post here so obviously my standards aren't that high

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:43 PM   #637
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Hey, I picked the location for this year by consensus. If the majority rules for Arkansas next year then I'm fine with that, you're all equally close for me. I usually do 600 to 800 in a day so as long as I don't go across a mountain range it's still a week trip.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:48 PM   #638
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
Hey, I picked the location for this year by consensus. If the majority rules for Arkansas next year then I'm fine with that, you're all equally close for me. I usually do 600 to 800 in a day so as long as I don't go across a mountain range it's still a week trip.
TWFix next year is scheduled for Azoomm's track.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:20 PM   #639
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
TWFix next year is scheduled for Azoomm's track.
Thats a bit too far for me

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #640
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Thats a bit too far for me

Tom
but it's a track day... for just us... get the folks around ya... and trailer your bikes. (i know easy to say )
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote