Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Around the World > Central Riders

Old 02-01-2009, 03:24 PM   #31
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

And you guys - all of you - are much younger than I expected... not that it's a bad thing, just younger than I pictured. LOL. I know, I'm just old.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 03:51 PM   #32
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
I had to opportunity to meet porkchop, topgun (and son - what a cutie!) and jojoyzf.
It's always so awkward when you have no idea who you are looking for...

It was great to meet all of you. Hopefully we will run into each other some time this summer.

Oh. I didn't buy anything. There is never anything to buy. Once, a couple years back a dealer in Toledo was there with a Kushitani rep and I finally found a pair of gaunlet gloves to fit. I took them home with me, then called the guy and paid for them.

Every year it gets worse and worse for the vendors. I know it's a bike show, but it would be nice if some of the manufacturers like AGV, A*, etc would come and at least bring stuff to try out - if not buy. Being female in the world of sportbikes, it's hard to find proper gear and then you never know if it will fit correctly. Granted they have gotten better, but it is still hard to find a place to actually try the stuff on. - Rant over.
There were tons of places there to try stuff on. I tried on everything from JR and HJC to Dainese and Arai. Granted, most of them had textile only, but there was something to fit everyone. I saw A*, Speed and Strength, Teknic, AGV, HJC, KBC, JR, Shoei, Arai, XSpeed, Scorpion, Belstaff, Lee Parks deer gloves, on and on. That doesn't include the cruiser costumes...
Old 02-01-2009, 04:10 PM   #33
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
And you guys - all of you - are much younger than I expected... not that it's a bad thing, just younger than I pictured. LOL. I know, I'm just old.
Youre not old, but I am still a young'n. Im only turning 23 in march.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:42 PM   #34
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
There were tons of places there to try stuff on. I tried on everything from JR and HJC to Dainese and Arai. Granted, most of them had textile only, but there was something to fit everyone. I saw A*, Speed and Strength, Teknic, AGV, HJC, KBC, JR, Shoei, Arai, XSpeed, Scorpion, Belstaff, Lee Parks deer gloves, on and on. That doesn't include the cruiser costumes...
Are you saying I'm crazy? Maybe. I didn't see anything for me. Then again, I wasn't really looking. I have everything I need. ...Which reminds me I need to take my leathers to have them tailored to fit me a little better - they are little huge in the legs. They were cheap so I'll deal with them being a bit big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
Good answer Erik was going to guess you at 24, so he was pretty close. I didn't even think about it. I just knew you were quite a big younger than me. (I turned 32 a week and half ago.)
Old 02-01-2009, 08:39 PM   #35
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Didnt see Lee Parks there but right when I was meeting up with porkchop he spotted Britton so we went and talked to him and Ricky Gadson for a minute while they were eating breakfast this morning.
After all of you left I ran into Britton again! Took a picture, talked to him about the change to Kawasaki for a minute. Seems like a good guy and would be sweet to talk too away from the fuss.... it was just awkward cause I just felt too touristy/fan-y.

Quote:
I had to opportunity to meet porkchop, topgun (and son - what a cutie!) and jojoyzf.
It's always so awkward when you have no idea who you are looking for...

It was great to meet all of you. Hopefully we will run into each other some time this summer.

Every year it gets worse and worse for the vendors. I know it's a bike show, but it would be nice if some of the manufacturers like AGV, A*, etc would come and at least bring stuff to try out - if not buy. Being female in the world of sportbikes, it's hard to find proper gear and then you never know if it will fit correctly. Granted they have gotten better, but it is still hard to find a place to actually try the stuff on. - Rant over.
It was nice to put an actual person to a name for everybody. We should all do an Ohio ride when this white stuff melts for good and we gain about 25 degrees.

Did anybody see Scorpion? I want one of their jackets.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:42 PM   #36
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
It was nice to put an actual person to a name for everybody. We should all do an Ohio ride when this white stuff melts for good and we gain about 25 degrees.
Sounds good to me. We like to ride to the river via 800, eat at a little restaurant in Sardis, then head up 7 and over into WVa. It's quite a ride, but very nice roads.

Are you going to post up the picture?
Old 02-01-2009, 08:43 PM   #37
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Or for that matter Triumph????

Oh, and pics will be up most likely tomorrow.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Old 02-01-2009, 09:07 PM   #38
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Quote:
Good answer Erik was going to guess you at 24, so he was pretty close. I didn't even think about it. I just knew you were quite a big younger than me. (I turned 32 a week and half ago.)
Well, you look younger so I wouldnt worry about it. I thought you were around 30 and looked like late 20s so I was pretty close too.

Quote:
After all of you left I ran into Britton again! Took a picture, talked to him about the change to Kawasaki for a minute. Seems like a good guy and would be sweet to talk too away from the fuss.... it was just awkward cause I just felt too touristy/fan-y.

Did anybody see Scorpion? I want one of their jackets.
How long did you stay up there for? I ended up passing out once I got home.

And Im game for that plan.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:54 PM   #39
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Quote:
Young'n??? I'm 21 in June........

Quote:
How long did you stay up there for? I ended up passing out once I got home.
After you left... i did a complete walk of all of the manufacturers again. I actually found some new batteries in the case and decided to take more pictures. I ended up over 200 pics, and weeded them down to about 180-ish. Talked to Britton, looked for Gadson, and left at 2.

Ran back to my g-ma's. Ate. Left for Columbus about 4. I'm exhausted so i didnt even go out to parties. Just watching here with the fam.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Old 02-01-2009, 10:06 PM   #40
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Quote:
Young'n??? I'm 21 in June........

After you left... i did a complete walk of all of the manufacturers again. I actually found some new batteries in the case and decided to take more pictures. I ended up over 200 pics, and weeded them down to about 180-ish. Talked to Britton, looked for Gadson, and left at 2.

Ran back to my g-ma's. Ate. Left for Columbus about 4. I'm exhausted so i didnt even go out to parties. Just watching here with the fam.
Im younger than almost all of my friends, so Im still looked at as young most of the time. My closest friends are 28, 29 and 24.