Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 08-20-2009, 08:40 AM   #31
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

The only group I ride with is the guys in my neighborhood. They all have Harleys, unfortunately, but one of the guys is quite nimble on his. I'm usually up front, especially at certain points of the ride...sometimes with Mr. Nimble, and I will stop at a designated place where the rest of the guys will meet up once they get there. lol

Only other person I ride with is Lisa. Otherwise, I'm flying solo.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:47 AM   #32
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

How many of you stay put during rides? I mean I start 4th I will stay there unless someone waives me by or we reshuffle at a fuel stop. I rarely pass others in my group, not even trusted friends I have raced on track before...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:39 AM   #33
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
How many of you stay put during rides? I mean I start 4th I will stay there unless someone waives me by or we reshuffle at a fuel stop. I rarely pass others in my group, not even trusted friends I have raced on track before...
Good question. I like to start at the back if it's an unfamiliar group. Sorta get a feel for who's doing what and how they ride. If I'm feeling comfortable with the group I might migrate toward the front...if and when it's safe to pass and when I'm waved by.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:29 PM   #34
MissHell
Followed the crowd over.

Moto: '07 Yahama R6

The my group - I prefer to ride #1 #2 or #3.

Groups I am not familiar with I ride in the back. However last time I did that, everyone in the middle wasn't used to group riding and it was driving me crazy, was wishing I had gone up front.
MissHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:26 AM   #35
zer0t
Kneedragger

Moto: 2003 FLSTCI 2008 KTM RC8

My first choice is to be on top......oh, wrong question . I never like the front because once I leave my driveway I am completely lost. This ain't so bad if we aren't going any place particular, but if we are.....then following me is most likely not going to get you there. I just like a good pace and then I can ride anywhere.
zer0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:16 AM   #36
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

I can't remember the last time I was in a group ride...but usually I would like to be 2nd to last. I don't like riding sweep because if I fall and go boom I don't know how long it would take for someone to notice! I'm not fast enough to lead a group.

Out here though i usually ride solo or with one other person. I rather follow but more than half the time they want me to ride in the front.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:12 PM   #37
Scot
Kneedragger

Moto: varies

usually lead bike. I usually pick the route. last weekend I was 3rd in a group of 5. I might ride that spot more often. I was way less stressed with making sure everyone is having a good time. Though we went an old route we've ridden several times before, I actually enjoyed it more. I think I worry about everyone having fun when in fact, they are enjoying not being lead bike haha.
Scot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:21 PM   #38
Mrs. Colleen
Leather and Lace

Moto: 2005 R6

I like the be in the back if it is more than just my husband and I. I like that they can all ride ahead and I can be sort of alone to go at my own speed. When there is someone right in front or right behind me I feel like I spend too much energy worrying about them. When I am in the back everyone waits for me periodically so I have that comfort of not feeling completely alone.
Ms. Colleen still makes us all think back and wonder about our preschool teachers
Mrs. Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote