Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-18-2008, 07:45 PM   #11
LaFemmes
Queen Bee

Moto: 2003 R6

I always hear people say, "shit happens for a reason"

I belive, shit just happens!

www.myspace.com/lafemmes
If you cannot win, make the one ahead of you break the record!
LaFemmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:55 PM   #12
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

If I passed on doing something every time I had a bad feeling, I'd never do anything. But, quite honestly, sometimes those constant bad feelings CAUSE things to happen. Why? Because you subconsiously think it's GOING to happen and to avoid being wrong, you actually cause it.

Think good thoughts, be in a good mood, take control of YOUR actions and you'll do just fine. There are some things in life that you have absolutely no control over, so just control the ones you can and go on with your life.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:03 PM   #13
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
Anytime I am out for a ride, especially when I am on my way to some twisties, I pray. Not about my riding and not getting hurt, but just talkin to God in general. I guess its been working so far since I have yet to go down. After Dnyce's post I might start keeping a rosary or small bible in my jacket. Couldn't hurt you know.
Icons got that covered, every jacket of theirs that ive seen comes with a st. christopher medallion in an inside pocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
If I passed on doing something every time I had a bad feeling, I'd never do anything. But, quite honestly, sometimes those constant bad feelings CAUSE things to happen. Why? Because you subconsiously think it's GOING to happen and to avoid being wrong, you actually cause it.

Think good thoughts, be in a good mood, take control of YOUR actions and you'll do just fine. There are some things in life that you have absolutely no control over, so just control the ones you can and go on with your life.

i agree 100% you make your own luck. if you're constantly looking over your shoulder you cant be surprised when you walk into something
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:29 PM   #14
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Moto: Nothing at the moment

Im not superstitious but i do have a couple weird habits. One of them is I absolutely cannot stand another persons body heat. Dont know why but if someone has sat in a chair before me and it is warm I have to wait til it cools down. For some reason it only bothers me with strangers tho. My friends and family dont bother me.

Also I have a habit of making sure I do the right thing. I am a religious person (or try to be) and every time i start to do something bad (start cussing more, looking at pr0n, etc.) my day goes horribly wrong. Maybe its just me but idk, it keeps me occupied
upshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:35 PM   #15
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
move to florida, we'll take you with!!
only thing moving me to florida would be you in a white bikini holding a 12 pack on the beach.

actually i guess thats not asking that much.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:42 PM   #16
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
Okay, so I may be just a tad superstitious, but in my riding group we have this things about bad feelings and bad omens.

Basically, if we are going for a ride or at the track or something, if one of us gets a bad feeling, we may just call something off. I know it sounds silly, but its been proven everytime one of us gets a bad feeling, usually us ladies, that the events typically follow through and something does indeed happen.

Case in point, our group goes on a Sunday ride, someone gets a bad feeling, someone goes down. My last track day was also an example, of both the bad feeling phenomena and the "Bad things come in 3's" phenomena.

1)My race plastics were incorrectly drilled, didnt fit, had to run nekked.

2)Key was lost en route to the track, had to call for spare and meet halfway.

3)Friend got a bad feeling right before the session I wrecked in. (Told her to shut the fuck up, didnt want to hear it, busted my ass)...

SOOOO, that said...I may be just a TAD paranoid about things, and being as nervous as I am about getting back out there...I am just about ready to throw my hands up and hide in a hole somewhere, cuz it feels like the shit is about to hit the fan...

Today, the day before race day I am once again suffering the phenom of the three...

1)FINALLY got my plastics back from the shop, still not painted but supposedly fitted and ready to go on, since fucker had my bike for well over a month when i could have been riding, and plastics since OCTOBER...WRONG, ASSHOLE HADNT TOUCHED THEM...so running nekked again...

2)Payday at my day job, going outta town, kinda need the money, boss decides he'd like to come in late, and not sign paychecks until AFTER 2 which means my $ doesnt get credited till Monday...

3)Since my day is already shit, figured i'd stop by the ice cream shop and ruin my healthy eating kick...20 minutes waiting for ice cream...pay, machine broken, cant have my hot fudge and strawberry soft serve sunday...got money back, but since I gave them the 2 cents plus some more for a tip, i get 98 fuckin cents back...i HATE change...

I quit...

Anyone else ever get superstitious?
It sounds like you need my Oriental erotic massage service.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:45 PM   #17
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post

exactly... I'm not always pessimistic... but when it comes to things that I really look forward to or enjoy... I start thinking of everything that could go wrong... then somehow... it progresses into me feeling like something IS going to go wrong...

Thankfully though... once the moment comes for said event... my mind is always clear and I'm good to go... it's just cold feet usually for me
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:58 PM   #18
vabarber2
ICON FTW!!!

Moto: 00GSXR6

Yup, I'm a strong advocatie for going on you're gut! Everytime we had a bad fieling here in irak was the day we'd find an IED(bomb) or get shot at. And on bikes I had bad feelings before both of my wrecks. I have a buddy who's ben riding 10 years and has em atleast once a year and ends up totaling his bike everytime.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:49 PM   #19
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
only thing moving me to florida would be you in a white bikini holding a 12 pack on the beach.

actually i guess thats not asking that much.
Now thats a phenomenal mental image
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:59 PM   #20
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

I also scuba dive, and we have a rule in diving. Any diver can call any dive at any time for any reason no questions asked.

Riding is the same way for me, if somebody wants to call it, call it, no questions asked. Mindset is important, if you don't feel *right* about a ride, don't ride.

Even if you don't believe in superstition, what we do is supposed to be fun, right? If you're not feeling it, it's not fun.
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote