Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-08-2008, 08:03 AM   #21
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)

what'd that other guy do to himself?

girls need to have more respect for the men serving our country. i know it's hard being in that situation (not having your man around), but they gotta imagine what the guy is going through. i have no respect for a girl that just dumps a military man while he's deployed for some lame-ass reason.

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:34 PM   #22
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabarber2 View Post
Yeah, I thought that too, till the pain hit and the fact that I spent 4k on her ring! Idk, cause it seemed like she was coming around on everything, then it all just busted!
At this very young point in my life, my policy is that if they need to come around, its probably too late.

Glad to hear that everything is fine with the friend. Once he realizes its not the end of the world, life gets much better. Time with family and good friends usually help that process out though.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:06 PM   #23
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
At this very young point in my life, my policy is that if they need to come around, its probably too late.

Glad to hear that everything is fine with the friend. Once he realizes its not the end of the world, life gets much better. Time with family and good friends usually help that process out though.
I agree... I don't want a chick to come around... I don't want them to have to change... just like I hope they don't expect me to change... cause I'm not gonna.

I like who I am... take it or leave it... I won't settle... neither should they.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:18 PM   #24
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
I agree... I don't want a chick to come around... I don't want them to have to change... just like I hope they don't expect me to change... cause I'm not gonna.

I like who I am... take it or leave it... I won't settle... neither should they.
I am me no doubt, but I realize that change can be required at times in any serious relationship but it is a matter of commitment.

Most people discount my experience because of how young I am, but I like to think I learned a lot about myself after my last relationship hit the fan. Dated the chick for 4 years with very few disagreements ever, things were always fine and we always adapted to the other's problems or situations.

We had intentions of marriage after we were done with school but she got to a point where she wanted to become a party chick (See slut 99 out of 100 times) and I wanted out of that crap. She never had a close group of friends when she started finding new friends who went out all the time, who was I to stop her? In the end I threw everything on the line and told her I would do whatever the fuck I had to do to keep her around and away from that sort of crap. She left me for some coke head and dropped out of college. Haven't talked to her in 2 years but I know she hasn't gone back to school or done anything productive.

I took that crap hard because I threw everything out for someone and got straight up bitch slapped with a no. In the end I decided to make many changes for myself and no one else. Quit my job and went back to school, making As and Bs, I was a C and D student up till then. Got in the gym and started losing weight and stopped talking to anyone who didn't somehow improve my life.

I now try to live a pretty relaxed and quiet life, but my I have realized that the quality of this life is far beyond the quantity of my previous lifestyle.

Now mind you, this isn't to say I stopped drinking or going out and being a complete dumb ass. That would just be wrong. I just make sure to never wrap my life around someone else's, because when they are gone your shit will fall like bricks.

End rant.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:17 AM   #25
DIMford
Nothing beats the RWB

Moto: 07 Honda Interceptor

Quote:

So two good guys loose love due to crazy chicks and one almost lost his life! I think it may be a sign to run from women cause like boby boushae's mom said women are the devil!
Hope your buddy gets better. What I have learned from two deployments is just don't mess with women. A majority of the time they are going to get upset over the most random things. My buddies wife got mad at him because we were out at a bar with our buddies hanging out and a chick comes up to him to talk and you told her to take a hike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
That's shitty. She probably did it because she was cheating on you and it was easier to just leave you than put up with the guilt, but seriously...what the fuck do I know? Not much. I see Army guy deployed, I immediately think his girl's cheating on him.
There's a name for that. "Single Wives Club." Seen it first hand. Not impressed.
The Road is a beautiful but dangerous mistress. She'll taunt and tease you with wonderful curves and glorious heights till you lose all control. Then leave you broken and bleeding to tease the next man.
DIMford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 03:39 PM   #26
vabarber2
ICON FTW!!!

Moto: 00GSXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl View Post
what'd that other guy do to himself?

girls need to have more respect for the men serving our country. i know it's hard being in that situation (not having your man around), but they gotta imagine what the guy is going through. i have no respect for a girl that just dumps a military man while he's deployed for some lame-ass reason.
he shot his self in the chest, guess he was having second thoughts or just trying to get her attention. It's happened to 15 out of 17 guys who got married within 6mos of us leaving for irak. It's sad, but it happens, though he's the only one who took it so hard.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:57 PM   #27
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)

Quote:
he shot his self in the chest, guess he was having second thoughts or just trying to get her attention. It's happened to 15 out of 17 guys who got married within 6mos of us leaving for irak. It's sad, but it happens, though he's the only one who took it so hard.
so sad. no woman is worth hurting yourself over.

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 05:33 PM   #28
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
And THAT is why I refuse to get married before I get activated. I'd rather wait till I get back. Not because I am afraid I may harm myself, but just cause it's easier to sort everything out if shit does go south.

Hope your bud is back tip top quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:26 PM   #29
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
And THAT is why I refuse to get married before I get activated. I'd rather wait till I get back. Not because I am afraid I may harm myself, but just cause it's easier to sort everything out if shit does go south.

Hope your bud is back tip top quick.
not to discount your reasons, you have to do what's right for you... but I think if your ready for marrage... the feelings are there. not having legally certified your marage isn't going to make things easier as far as emotions go. it may make it a bit easier if you split... but in the end i doubt it's any easier.

just my course I've never been married.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:20 PM   #30
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Guess I meant easier as far as the stuff aspect of it.
If i'm not married, the house is mine, the bike is mine, my money is mine.
Emotions... yeah, that's gonna suck no matter what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote