Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 08-04-2008, 02:32 PM   #81
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Why are you motorcycle guys so full of hate and vitriol?

You people need to get some scooters and discover the lighter side of two-wheel motion.
When the R6 goes track-only I want something like that... but the scooter just isn't suitable for highway.

I plan to get a black 09 ninja 250
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:56 PM   #82
WildKat
It was better in the 80's

Moto: 2000 Kat 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
How does a black textile or leather jacket make you more visible? Heck,a nice bright t-shirt would be better.
Almost all jackets have some type of reflective stripes on them somewhere. I know my JR phoenix jacket has several white strips on it and it's all black/gray except for those and it's pretty visible at night when lights shine on it and such.

Just basically making a point that gear in general makes you more visible than just a white tshirt for example. Although a nice lime green or neon pink Tee wouldn't be so bad either..LOL
Old 08-05-2008, 11:04 PM   #83
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

but the other thing is... if a bright color could guarentee that all drivers will see you... that'd be great! but you cant... and in the case where they DON'T see you... which seems to approach 100% of the time way too often... I'd rather have that black leather riding jacket than that white T-shirt.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:43 AM   #84
rideblue450
bad copno donut onlybacon

Moto: 2007 R6

no? okay..
Old 08-14-2008, 04:18 PM   #85
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post

there are Mesh jackets and pants that will keep you cool... and remember, once you have a skin graph... that section of skin no longer sweats... just think how hot you'll be then.
actually we can now graft pig skin on you, sweat glands and all... but then you'll have pig skin and the nasty coarse hair that goes with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildKat View Post
If you don't wear gear then you get what you deserve IMO. Riding is a risk everytime you head out regardless of where you are headed so why not try and make it as safe as you can. Gear not only helps save your skin but also helps you be even more visible especially in the evening and at night.

Textile gear is great stuff it'll save your hide if you go down and personally I'd rather get up and walk away then get skin graphs.

Ride with the SWORD !

Sweat Washes Off Roadrash Doesn't
lol, sword... kind of phalic.

Gay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
Does anyone else notice by reading through here, that each person keeps saying the same thing but worded differently than their last post.
I've got just about 10k posts between here and the old stomping grounds. and, truthfully, we really just talk about the same shit over and over again. The only thing keeping it fun is the jack asses that can overlook the drama bullshit and realize a good opportunity to make fun of somebody.

NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 08:46 AM   #86
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
The only thing keeping it fun is the jack asses that can overlook the drama bullshit and realize a good opportunity to make fun of somebody.
Werd!! Thats all I do is make fun of people... it's all in good fun though. If I'm not busting on you from time to time its because I don't like you plain and simple.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote