Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Events

Old 03-14-2009, 07:46 PM   #1
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1
Thumbs up We have lodge(ing)

I sent an email to GT last night since Stpehanie wasn't reaching him by phone to reserve the lodge. He replied to me today and said we have the lodge from May 7th thru the 10th (checkout on the 10th for now). He'll call Stephanie for her CC# as I gave him her phone to call with her permission. So we're set on a place to stay now!!

As for Sunday night the 10th, I figure we'll have a little time to discuss more if we want to head up toward Deals Gap and stay up there Sun night which is what I personally think would work better but that's just my opinion. I know some folks liked it, some didn't so I say we discuss it more and in a couple weeks we should still be able to keep the lodge if we want for that night. The main thing will be how many are for sure staying past Sunday and what the majority of them want to do.

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post
I sent an email to GT last night since Stpehanie wasn't reaching him by phone to reserve the lodge. He replied to me today and said we have the lodge from May 7th thru the 10th (checkout on the 10th for now). He'll call Stephanie for her CC# as I gave him her phone to call with her permission. So we're set on a place to stay now!!

As for Sunday night the 10th, I figure we'll have a little time to discuss more if we want to head up toward Deals Gap and stay up there Sun night which is what I personally think would work better but that's just my opinion. I know some folks liked it, some didn't so I say we discuss it more and in a couple weeks we should still be able to keep the lodge if we want for that night. The main thing will be how many are for sure staying past Sunday and what the majority of them want to do.

Thank GOD! Ok,I am officially good for the 7th thru the 11th BUT I could just as well go home that Sun night as well. Maybe we should check into accommodations for the night of the 10th AND the 11th as I know some people didn't want to ride the Dragon all day Mon and then ride all the way home that night. Maybe Trip could take the point on that one being a local and scope out what is available for those two nights?

I personally think we should lock in who all is gonna be at Two for those three nights and get those paid for... I still am of the opinion that if we kept TWO both Sun and Mon,it would work as it is only 2 hours from the Gap...leave TWO early Mon morning,ride the Dragon,and return to TWO to sleep,leave Tues. morning for home. 5 days approx $100 each for 15 people. Heck,perhaps TWO might cut us a break on the "OFF" days,Sun, Mon and Tues are historically bad hotel days. Heck,if anyone could actually get a hold of these people,I might check for a "weekly rate" it may be less than $1500... but in these "economic times.....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:20 PM   #3
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Thank GOD! Ok,I am officially good for the 7th thru the 11th BUT I could just as well go home that Sun night as well. Maybe we should check into accommodations for the night of the 10th AND the 11th as I know some people didn't want to ride the Dragon all day Mon and then ride all the way home that night. Maybe Trip could take the point on that one being a local and scope out what is available for those two nights?

I personally think we should lock in who all is gonna be at Two for those three nights and get those paid for... I still am of the opinion that if we kept TWO both Sun and Mon,it would work as it is only 2 hours from the Gap...leave TWO early Mon morning,ride the Dragon,and return to TWO to sleep,leave Tues. morning for home. 5 days approx $100 each for 15 people. Heck,perhaps TWO might cut us a break on the "OFF" days,Sun, Mon and Tues are historically bad hotel days. Heck,if anyone could actually get a hold of these people,I might check for a "weekly rate" it may be less than $1500... but in these "economic times.....
Thats a good idea for monday since the gap is 14 hrs from home I woul djust rather leave early mon morning and slab it home.

Also LMK who we need to paypal some money to.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:30 PM   #4
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

I'm only using my credit card to make the reservations and hold the lodge. Also to get a total. We can work on payment options a little later. Once we know what Ebbs and a couple other people are doing and get the kinks worked out for Sunday night, I'll post each person's total accordingly and I'll see about setting up a pay pal specifically for the rally and if you want, you can dump your totals in there. I use paypal but never set up an account for anything specific, but will if that's what needs to be done.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:31 PM   #5
ericr

No one needs to pay anything before we check out. They just use a card to "reserve" the place. Payment is due at checkout so everyone bring enough cash to cover your room. He doesn't want to take 20 credit card payments on it, so cash money

Tigger, my thinking on Sun night is most people are headed directions other than south to go home. Going to the Gap is 2 hours north, then 2 hours back south to stay at TWO again so there's 4 hours of riding on Mon just to ride the Gap. Then most of y'all will head back north, west, east to head home.

Tommy, if your group has an extra day or 2, y'all could jump on the Blue Ridge Parkway to head back toward home from there. While the speed is "slower" and strictly enforced, it's a beautiful ride. Something to think about.

Quote:
Old 03-14-2009, 09:35 PM   #6
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Ok... I'm still not completely sure I can go... but put me down... I'll pay either way.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:39 PM   #7
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
Ok... I'm still not completely sure I can go... but put me down... I'll pay either way.
We have plenty of time. I have you down, but waiting for you to give me a definite yes. You're not paying anything unless you can make it.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:43 PM   #8
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
We have plenty of time. I have you down, but waiting for you to give me a definite yes. You're not paying anything unless you can make it.
this is a definite yes... my money will be there... even if I won't
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:58 PM   #9
ericr

Ebbs, don't be silly man, if you don't make it that's only a difference of maybe $5 for the rest for the stay. That's noble and and all but, NO!!!

Quote:
Old 03-14-2009, 10:01 PM   #10
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

I dissagree with everyone else, but can you foot the bill for me too?