Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Events

Old 02-26-2009, 05:09 PM   #61
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
I do have a considerable inseam for my height, im freakishly unproportioned. I think Im a 31 inch inseam, but i typically go with 32 for comfort. I get called midget too, have you talked to Ebbs yet?

On the busa I could comfortably get one foot down firmly, as it sat lower than my bike (perhaps the weight?) but the wider seat made it difficult to get both down. However on my GSXR i can almost completely flat foot without heels and on my old RR i could tippy toe both feet in heels.

As far as moving bikes, the heavier bikes, like the busa I was more comfortable sitting on the seat and tippy toeing backwards, whereas on my GSXR i can stand beside it. I dont have much upper body strength but I have enough in my lower body and legs to be more comfortable using my legs to hold and catch while sitting the bike.

I gotta mention tho, if the busa fell on me, Id have been screwed. No way in hell Id ever have been able to get her up, and my theory is if I cant get the bitch back up by myself, I dont need to be riding it!
Ahh...there's the difference! My inseam is only 27" on a good day. My problem with the 'busa that I sat on is I couldn't pick it up of the stand. The seat's wide so that didn't help with being able to get feet down. So when I went to push up, I didn't have enough leverage...or bend in my leg....to push that amount of weight up. Like you, I don't have much upper body stength and depend on the strength in my legs to hold the bike. So when I'm standing beside mine pushing, my arms are doing nothing more than guiding and holding her up, my hip is against the side of the bike and I walk the bike. I keep my kickstand down too for that just in case I slip. Hopefully the stand will catch the bike before falling on me. Been there and done that. Not fun being trapped under a bike.

I can get more of my feet on the ground on a gixxer since they remodeled them in 05-06. It's funny how I can tell the slightest of difference in a bike by simply sitting on it. The seat, how it thows me up against the tank and how wide/narrow it is, has alot to do with how much I can actually touch.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:14 PM   #62
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Ahh...there's the difference! My inseam is only 27" on a good day. My problem with the 'busa that I sat on is I couldn't pick it up of the stand. The seat's wide so that didn't help with being able to get feet down. So when I went to push up, I didn't have enough leverage...or bend in my leg....to push that amount of weight up. Like you, I don't have much upper body stength and depend on the strength in my legs to hold the bike. So when I'm standing beside mine pushing, my arms are doing nothing more than guiding and holding her up, my hip is against the side of the bike and I walk the bike. I keep my kickstand down too for that just in case I slip. Hopefully the stand will catch the bike before falling on me. Been there and done that. Not fun being trapped under a bike.

I can get more of my feet on the ground on a gixxer since they remodeled them in 05-06. It's funny how I can tell the slightest of difference in a bike by simply sitting on it. The seat, how it thows me up against the tank and how wide/narrow it is, has alot to do with how much I can actually touch.

The latest model hondas are very good for smaller people too, they really narrowed the seat and put you more on the tank. Still uncomfortable as hell, like sitting on a 2x4, but more short people friendly.

Kawis did the same but they still = teh suck on seat width.

I had my honda fall on me once, trapped me, and I was stuck in my hedges in my front yard too. Funny now, but that was more than enough to teach me that I needed to be able to move my own shit. Bitch was HEAVY. I think it weighed in close to 4 times my body weight then but after I got loose I was so pissed I had no problems getting her up.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:28 PM   #63
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
The latest model hondas are very good for smaller people too, they really narrowed the seat and put you more on the tank. Still uncomfortable as hell, like sitting on a 2x4, but more short people friendly.

Kawis did the same but they still = teh suck on seat width.

I had my honda fall on me once, trapped me, and I was stuck in my hedges in my front yard too. Funny now, but that was more than enough to teach me that I needed to be able to move my own shit. Bitch was HEAVY. I think it weighed in close to 4 times my body weight then but after I got loose I was so pissed I had no problems getting her up.
The very first day I had my SV she fell on me. My ex and I rode to the store (he was on his bike). I pulled up, kicked the kickstand down, and it sprang back up and I didn't realize it. I had gotten half off the bike when she and I both went down. So I was laying on the ground hollering "HELP!" to my ex with my helmet still on. Thank God there wasn't many people there.

I need to practice picking up my bike. I've seen the "how to" pics online of some chick with a heavy cruiser do it, but I've yet to try it. Oops. Plus I no longer have it bookmarked.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Myspace
Old 02-26-2009, 05:34 PM   #64
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Quote:
One time in band camp...OK so one time in a CMRA sprint race I had my bike fall on me. I couldn't pick it up either. Course it had something to do with the tire wall and air fence sitting on top of the bike. Or coulda been the broken ribs and the torn leg muscles I am glad about the low seat height though cause that is the hole I was able to breathe thru!

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:35 PM   #65
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
One time in band camp...OK so one time in a CMRA sprint race I had my bike fall on me. I couldn't pick it up either. Course it had something to do with the tire wall and air fence sitting on top of the bike. Or coulda been the broken ribs and the torn leg muscles I am glad about the low seat hieght though cause that is the hole I was able to breathe thru!
Its wrong to laugh but I just have this mental image! Damn, now im impressed!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:36 PM   #66
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
One time in band camp...OK so one time in a CMRA sprint race I had my bike fall on me. I couldn't pick it up either. Course it had something to do with the tire wall and air fence sitting on top of the bike. Or coulda been the broken ribs and the torn leg muscles I am glad about the low seat height though cause that is the hole I was able to breathe thru!
Smiley, are you coming to the rally?

Quote:
Myspace
Old 02-26-2009, 05:37 PM   #67
smileyman
White Trash Hero

No, but still pondering trying to intercept you and Amorok on your way up. I got way too many responsibilities to juggle

Arkriders.com
Old 02-26-2009, 05:40 PM   #68
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
No, but still pondering trying to intercept you and Amorok on your way up. I got way too many responsibilities to juggle
Understandable. With me having no job as of yet (I'm optimistic! ) it's going to be hard for me, but I'm being threatened. So I'm going or else be strung behind someone's bike and dragged there.

Once I get settled in a new job, I'll have to make a trip up your way to meet up and ride. Exactly what part of NW Arkansas?

Quote:
Myspace
Old 02-26-2009, 05:47 PM   #69
smileyman
White Trash Hero

I am in Fayetteville. Middle NW part. Plenty of great roads to show any of ya's that can come by. I showed Ebbs some last year, what we could cover in one day. Since then I have found alot of really great new stuff and some roads in Missouri that are to die for! T-Rock and I have been threatening to hook up and ride soon.

So how the hell did you get jobless? I take it that "night moves" you put on your employer didn't go over well?

Arkriders.com
Old 02-26-2009, 06:07 PM   #70
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

why do I feel like my shoes are talking to each other... oh... hey Chi.. hey Rogue...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote