Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-06-2008, 03:56 PM   #31
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl25 View Post
i do agree, but i doubt he was referring to high-class establishments. i don't always wanna eat at mcdonalds. i like TGIFridays and red lobster, and it isn't always easy to get a sitter so i can dine peacefully. we do what we gotta do. but i know my boundaries of where i can and can't go w/the kids. it's just the fact that people think we are oblivious to our children's actions that always gets a rise outta me. like i said, (speaking generally here) you will never know until you're in that situation. it is very stressful dining with children. but we either do it or never leave the house.

* itgirl steps down off soapbox now *
I totally see what you're saying, but I think we've ALL seen parents who just sit idly by and allow their kid to scream. No, not ALL, but the ones who DO do that are the ones we're talkin' about.

(not to mention the parents who take screamers into NICER restaurants... or the movies... THAT totally kills me... yeah let's take a toddler or an infant in a carrier to "Saw 3" why don't we... )
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:56 PM   #32
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by r!der View Post
My ex-girlfriend after a couple of drinks. Sometimes I wish that biotch came with a remote control and a mute button.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:01 PM   #33
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by r!der View Post
My ex-girlfriend after a couple of drinks. Sometimes I wish that biotch came with a remote control and a mute button.
They do, it's called
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:22 PM   #34
Audiomechanic
Mobile Post-Whore Unit

Moto: 2000 Honda Magna 750

Quote:
i do agree, but i doubt he was referring to high-class establishments. i don't always wanna eat at mcdonalds. i like TGIFridays and red lobster, and it isn't always easy to get a sitter so i can dine peacefully. we do what we gotta do. but i know my boundaries of where i can and can't go w/the kids. it's just the fact that people think we are oblivious to our children's actions that always gets a rise outta me. like i said, (speaking generally here) you will never know until you're in that situation. it is very stressful dining with children. but we either do it or never leave the house.

* itgirl steps down off soapbox now *
You're right in that I don't have kids. Don't want 'em either. Yes, at least around here, there are a LOT of parents that couldn't care less what their kids do at the dinner table. If your kid starts crying, and you make an effort to shut him/her up, we're straight. It's the parents that let the kid sit there and wail for 30 minutes (which happens a LOT around here).

I understand the stress and I wasn't meaning to pick on anyone in particular or induce anger. Like I said, if you make the effort to put a cork in the kid, all good as long as that cork actually works. if not, take the kid somewhere else or we have a problem.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:31 PM   #35
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Someone biting a fork. My ex-husband used to do that all the time... *shiver*

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:36 PM   #36
Audiomechanic
Mobile Post-Whore Unit

Biting a fork? Did he think there was food at the end of it?
Old 03-06-2008, 04:40 PM   #37
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiomechanic View Post
Biting a fork? Did he think there was food at the end of it?
He would do that to remove whatever food was on it.... bite and scccrrraapppppeeeee.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:47 PM   #38
Audiomechanic
Mobile Post-Whore Unit

Oh! I got it now. Yea, that would get annoying real quick.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:14 PM   #39
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

there aren't really any sounds that do that to me...

but the feel of velcro... the hook side... fucking sends shivers up my spine... wierd as hell I know... just does though...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:08 PM   #40
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
so i take it you have no kids. as a parent, lemme tell ya i find it hard to believe that any parent thinks a crying baby is cute. i know i don't, i find it embarrassing if it is my child. but what if you ordered food? what do you do then? it's one of those situations that you can only relate to once you've been in it.

however, i do believe if it gets out of hand you should excuse yourself and try to calm the child. but that isn't always possible. those of us with kids shouldn't need to be holed up at home like prisoners for 18 years just because your ears are sensitive.
Not sure if you meant to literally wait until it gets out of hand or not, but to me, any crying or whining is out of hand at a restaurant. My little girl started to cry but I didn't let it get out of hand. Picked her up immediately and took her outside. Sat her down and had a talk with her and let her know that the next time we step outside, she's getting her butt whipped. Went back inside and she apologized to everyone at the table and sat there and ate the rest of her food. She was two when that happened. She still starts to cry/throw fits, but I stop her immediately, even at the house. IF my talk doesn't work at the house, she goes to her room and stays there till she's done. 9 times out of 10, a stern look from me accompanied by a "knock it off" stops the fit in it's tracks. I'll also just keep saying "stop" and then when she's down to sniffling, I'll ask what's wrong. She'll tell me, and I'll ask, "is that any reason to cry?" followed by, "all you have to say is..." She'll usually say okay and then tell me what upset her, I take care of it, and she's happy. She's only allowed to cry when she's hurt. No fits allowed in my presence. Period.

Last edited by Captain Morgan; 03-06-2008 at 06:11 PM..
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote