Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Dime Quarter > Elite Trackdays

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2008, 10:15 AM   #1
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets
Default Black Friday

Happy to have everyone out at the track on Friday - rather than out beating the crowds shopping.

It was wet in the morning. That's a first for us. We got to learn how the new pavement reacts in the rain. Just a few puddles, and the few tar snakes that ARE there - are wicked slick.

Record number (for us) of people that fell down - though they fell down AFTER the track dried off. I'm guessing a bit of invincibility after making it through the wet unscathed. But, while six bikes fell down - not a single injury (thank GOODNESS).

Props to Leroy He earned the award of the oldest rider I've ever even MET at a trackday at the sprite young age of 82. There was also the favorite quote of the day from him - after flying through the air testing the mud on the side of the track
Quote:
from Leroy: You do know, that 3 out of 5 people over the age of 70 will fall down this year.
Somehow, I don't think they meant ON A TRACK Mad props for a great sense of humor.

Very upright pictures are at: http://mindaproductions.smugmug.com/gallery/6681719_ngBhW/1/426522487_fLkz3#426522487_fLkz3

Despite all the bike carnage, it was a good day. VERY happy to have everyone out. We'll start watching the weather in February - the schedule should come out after the CMRA has theirs taken care of.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote