Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-21-2009, 03:07 PM   #11
Dragonpaco
Alleged Puppy Pimper

Moto: Shadow 750 Ace

in PA there is no visual inspecition necessary. but i understand your point. i'm going to talk to a cop buddy of mine and see what my options are.
Opinions are nothing like assholes, opinions are like vaginas, less then half of everyone has one, everyone else uses one that isn't their own, and there is no better way to fit in or be cast out than to share yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I don't give a fuck if it's Hitler cake, it's still CAKE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
You can come back here with me after the rally and do it!!!
Dragonpaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:44 PM   #12
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Why didn't the complete bike come with a title? If the "mangled" frame was the bike's original, and a new frame was put under it, you shouldn't have (too many) problems. Call up the DMV or a notary, and see what they say about that kind of rebuild. Of course, you'll need receipts for any parts (the frame esp.) that were replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco View Post
in PA there is no visual inspecition necessary. but i understand your point. i'm going to talk to a cop buddy of mine and see what my options are.
All they needed to title mine in PA (purchased new out of state) was a picture of the vin and a bill of sale- didn't care that it was obviously a digital picture printed on a computer.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:53 PM   #13
Dragonpaco
Alleged Puppy Pimper

are you talking about transferring the title of a bike or getting a new title for it?
Opinions are nothing like assholes, opinions are like vaginas, less then half of everyone has one, everyone else uses one that isn't their own, and there is no better way to fit in or be cast out than to share yours

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-21-2009, 11:05 PM   #14
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

Moto: '01, 929RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco View Post
i'm going to talk to a cop buddy of mine and see what my options are.

That's the best thing I've heard in this post. Then again, I too have had "cop buddies" that didn't seem to know their ass from a hole in the ground.

If push came to shove, you could always do something to the bike (nothing much) and call it custom. This should make getting a custom title easier for you.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:59 PM   #15
Dragonpaco
Alleged Puppy Pimper

well this buddy helped me run the vins when i bought the bike to make sure it wasnt stolen and ran it 6 subsequent times to make sure it wasnt recently stolen. he also told me that it cant be declared abandoned if i have a bill of sale so it seems he knows he stuff

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-22-2009, 12:48 AM   #16
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

Moto: '01, 929RR

Hmmm, this reminds me of something that I was told once by a "cop friend" of mine while attempting some what of the same stuff that you are. He said that DMV would start watching the particular VIN that you were running, if it gets run too many times in a short time frame. Seems as if they pick up on things like this and keep an eye on them. I'd be weary of doing much with it for a while since he has run the VIN that many times recently. You could just mention what I have told you about this and see if it holds true to where you are, or if it's just a load of shit that I was told. I do hope that you get things sorted out. I've been down a very familiar road a couple times before and it seems that DMV cares less about what you need help with, so long as they get their money in the long run.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:27 AM   #17
Dragonpaco
Alleged Puppy Pimper

i'll definatly ask him about that, plus uno to the DMV, they were possibly the least helpful people i have ever talked to, they just kept telling me to go places and spend cash, i calculated it and for the amount of cash i'd have to spend for the DMV's way i could buy a new bike. this just seems like the easiest way to get the bike legal

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-22-2009, 02:29 AM   #18
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

All I gotta say is that if I'm going to switch VIN plates, I'm not going to halfass the weld job, forget to grind them down, and neglect to powdercoat my frame BEFORE going to the DMV. I mean, if you're going to weld anything frame related, why the fuck would you screw around with it?
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 02:44 AM   #19
Dragonpaco
Alleged Puppy Pimper

i'm definatly not going to half ass it, but i dont have to show the dmv the vin, it's not like that around here. at least not if i go to an auto tags place

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-22-2009, 10:21 AM   #20
6doublefive321
Resident Droog

Moto: 625 SMC, '08 Tuono R

Here's the thing. You can either go through all the red tape now, get the bike titled correctly, and move on, OR, go through all the red tape if and when the law pulls you over and impounds the bike. If it were me, I'd go ahead and get the title done correctly now.
Of course, the value of the bike figures into the equation. If the fees to get it titled correctly outweigh the value of the bike, JB Weld that VIN on there today.