Originally Posted by RACER X View Post

Thanks for posting, Ed.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:27 PM   #52
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
His head is blanked out in that pic, it got smacked hard and they didn't want you to see it, I got a feeling the real version of that pic is not pretty at all.

The way the medics treated him was aweful. The freakin dropped him and left him out on the track forever...

Look how they dragged him at this point...
Blanked out? I think it's just behind Rossi's front wheel and out of sight. You can see the chest logo on his leathers just fine.

I saw the video of his removal from the track. Un-freakin-believable; they dropped him from waist height. And like you said, the track was cold by then so there was no reason to rush.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:16 PM   #53
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Again, Not to sound like an insensitive person...But from the video and the picture he looked to be Deceased on Impact from Edwards...If you watch the video he's lifeless laying on the track after edwards and rossi are no longer entangled with him.

Unfortunate as it is...He most likely went quickly and without much pain.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:49 PM   #54
Hydrant
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 2003 Suzuki TL1000R, 2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/95668

Paolo Simoncelli pays his respects to a 'special, honest and pure' son
By Michele Lostia and Sam Tremayne Tuesday, October 25th 2011, 18:50 GMT

Marco SimoncelliPaolo Simoncelli has paid his respects to a 'special, honest and pure son' and expressed his gratitude at the outpouring of grief following Marco Simoncelli's fatal accident in the Malaysian Grand Prix.

Speaking to Italian media, Paolo Simoncelli said the support shown in the wake of the accident had provided comfort, and insisted there was no blame to be apportioned.

"Marco was a very special person, and perhaps people have understood what he was like. If he had to swear he would, he was like that. Most of all he was honest, he was really pure," said Simoncelli Sr.

"On top of that he was a warrior, and maybe that's why he died. Had he let the bike go...but last Sunday he wanted to win. He was again the Marco we had at the beginning of the season, but now he knew what to do, he knew everything."

Greeted by hundreds of fans when he landed in Rome with his son's body, Paolo said: "Honestly I couldn't believe it: it would be bullshit if I said I'm happy, but it pleases me. We didn't realise all this, but it's a very nice thing.

"Tomorrow evening, after the end of the funeral, we'll be alone. It'll be terrible. But now I have you and all the people that come visit us. That can only please us.

"Marco was always available with all the journalists, as with all the people that would come to disturb him while he was eating. In fact he would scold me when I complained. That's how he was.

"Marco was never judged badly, he was always judged for what he was and for the way he presented himself. I loved him, and he loved me. Marco was great and that's it. What a shame.

"He needed everything around him to work. He needed Aligi Deganello - his guru and chief technician - his team, and his dad, who would piss him off sometimes, as he would say. Before the start we would shake hands and hug. I did that on Sunday too, but I guess I got something wrong. It didn't go as usual.

"He enjoyed all the simple things he had: he liked his house, his dog, the grass... in fact on Sunday he told me 'I'm tired, I want to go back home', because we had been away to prepare for Malaysia, which for him has always been difficult: nutrition, he took an ice bath to cool down before the race... It was perfect, he was sure he would do well. But he told me 'I want to go back home, dad.'"

Paolo arrived at the scene of the crash as Marco was being lifted onto a stretcher and carried to the ambulance. He says he had called to his son, but Marco was already dead. He says he also bears no ill will to the bearers, who fumbled the stretcher on their way to the ambulance.

"I was thereabouts, but Marco was dead already. I was 10 metres away, but Marco was already dead, it changed nothing.

"I helped them: when they got back up and passed the stretcher over to my side of the guard rail I took the stretcher to place it in the ambulance and held Marco's hand and called him 'Ciao Marco', but he was gone already.

"There was nothing that could be done. Nothing would have changed in that case. As for the rest, maybe more (attention) is needed, but these people try to do their best, so it's useless... But in our case Marco died on impact.

"They say God summons the best to heaven. I don't know. I wish that's how it is."

Paolo said Marco's funeral would almost certainly be held this Thursday, as a private function for relatives, friends, fellow riders and Gresini Racing staff.
inShare16
Earlier MOTOGP story More news
Old 10-25-2011, 10:06 PM   #55
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrant View Post
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/95668

Paolo Simoncelli pays his respects to a 'special, honest and pure' son
By Michele Lostia and Sam Tremayne Tuesday, October 25th 2011, 18:50 GMT

Marco SimoncelliPaolo Simoncelli has paid his respects to a 'special, honest and pure son' and expressed his gratitude at the outpouring of grief following Marco Simoncelli's fatal accident in the Malaysian Grand Prix.

Speaking to Italian media, Paolo Simoncelli said the support shown in the wake of the accident had provided comfort, and insisted there was no blame to be apportioned.

"Marco was a very special person, and perhaps people have understood what he was like. If he had to swear he would, he was like that. Most of all he was honest, he was really pure," said Simoncelli Sr.

"On top of that he was a warrior, and maybe that's why he died. Had he let the bike go...but last Sunday he wanted to win. He was again the Marco we had at the beginning of the season, but now he knew what to do, he knew everything."

Greeted by hundreds of fans when he landed in Rome with his son's body, Paolo said: "Honestly I couldn't believe it: it would be bullshit if I said I'm happy, but it pleases me. We didn't realise all this, but it's a very nice thing.

"Tomorrow evening, after the end of the funeral, we'll be alone. It'll be terrible. But now I have you and all the people that come visit us. That can only please us.

"Marco was always available with all the journalists, as with all the people that would come to disturb him while he was eating. In fact he would scold me when I complained. That's how he was.

"Marco was never judged badly, he was always judged for what he was and for the way he presented himself. I loved him, and he loved me. Marco was great and that's it. What a shame.

"He needed everything around him to work. He needed Aligi Deganello - his guru and chief technician - his team, and his dad, who would piss him off sometimes, as he would say. Before the start we would shake hands and hug. I did that on Sunday too, but I guess I got something wrong. It didn't go as usual.

"He enjoyed all the simple things he had: he liked his house, his dog, the grass... in fact on Sunday he told me 'I'm tired, I want to go back home', because we had been away to prepare for Malaysia, which for him has always been difficult: nutrition, he took an ice bath to cool down before the race... It was perfect, he was sure he would do well. But he told me 'I want to go back home, dad.'"

Paolo arrived at the scene of the crash as Marco was being lifted onto a stretcher and carried to the ambulance. He says he had called to his son, but Marco was already dead. He says he also bears no ill will to the bearers, who fumbled the stretcher on their way to the ambulance.

"I was thereabouts, but Marco was dead already. I was 10 metres away, but Marco was already dead, it changed nothing.

"I helped them: when they got back up and passed the stretcher over to my side of the guard rail I took the stretcher to place it in the ambulance and held Marco's hand and called him 'Ciao Marco', but he was gone already.

"There was nothing that could be done. Nothing would have changed in that case. As for the rest, maybe more (attention) is needed, but these people try to do their best, so it's useless... But in our case Marco died on impact.

"They say God summons the best to heaven. I don't know. I wish that's how it is."

Paolo said Marco's funeral would almost certainly be held this Thursday, as a private function for relatives, friends, fellow riders and Gresini Racing staff.
inShare16
Earlier MOTOGP story More news
Fuck.

I've seen the pics, watched the videos and read all the articles.

This one made me choke up.

RIP Sic.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:38 PM   #56
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Fuck.

I've seen the pics, watched the videos and read all the articles.

This one made me choke up.

RIP Sic.
Me too. Ugh.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:15 PM   #57
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Wow...
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:30 PM   #58
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

a father/mother should never have to bury his/her child.

sigh
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:37 AM   #59
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

http://www.benspies.com/
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote