Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

View Poll Results: Was the NHL right to suspend Sean Avery
Yes... Keep the Spic 'n Span NHL image intact 2 13.33%
No... I want to see blood! 9 60.00%
Who the hell is Sean Avery? 0 0%
I just wanted to see the results 2 13.33%
I am tater's whore of an ex wife and I have had sex with 50% of the NHLPA 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-03-2008, 09:00 AM   #1
Lucky3623
Official Thread Killer

Default Did the NHL make the wrong call on Sean Avrey?

--Yahoo News---

Tuesday evening, the league suspended Dallas Stars forward Sean Avery for comments he made following the Stars' morning skate earlier in the day in Calgary.

According to one observer, Avery waited until all the cameras were around him, then started talking.

What he said led to an indefinite suspension pending a meeting with commissioner Gary Bettman.

"I'm really happy to be back in Calgary. I love Canada," an unprovoked Avery told the gathered reporters. "I just want to comment on how it's become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds."

In case you're not following Avery's love life on a daily basis, he once dated actress Elisha Cuthbert who is now dating Calgary defenseman Dion Phaneuf. She has also been romantically linked to other hockey players.

Avery also dated Rachel Hunter, who is now the girlfriend of Los Angeles Kings forward Jarrett Stoll.

Avery concluded his statement with: "I don't know what that's about, but enjoy the game tonight."

----end---

Is this the right call? Do we not want to see him get his face smashed into the boards? I am a huge Stars fan, and I want to see him get his face punched in. The players on the team can't stand him, and are glad to have him gone. Hicks said that if the NHL hadn't suspended him, he would have. What happend to the old NHL where you settled your differences on the ice... regardless...?
Lucky3623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:02 AM   #2
Rider
Moto GP Star

I hate Sean Avery and I don't care if that fuck ever plays again.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:11 AM   #3
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

It's horseshit what they did. It's his job to be an annoying pest and throw the opponents off their game. He made no dangerous threats, he just talked some shit. It's up to him to back it up and deal with the consequenses. Let Iginla or Phaneuf run him through and maybe he'll learn his lesson. He's a hockey player for fucks sake. If he couldn't take a few hits, he wouldn't be a pest in the league. If the League keeps pulling this shit, they'll follow the same dumbing down that the No Fun League has.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:55 AM   #4
merle
Street Stunter

Moto: '04 suzuki sv 650

While I appreciate that something was done, suspending indefinitely seems a bit over the top. Yeah, the guy's an ass, but that could be taken care of on the ice.

Until you're ready to look foolish, you'll never have the possibility of being great.
merle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:58 AM   #5
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

I think its bullshit. I find his comments Hilarious...I was cracking up when I watched the report on Sports Center...He doesnt give a fuck what he says...we need more people like that in todays society...America...Shit the world is so sheltered from shit anymore if someone makes an offhanded comment its "Immorraly or Politcally Incorrect"

Fuck that shit.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:40 PM   #6
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by merle View Post
While I appreciate that something was done, suspending indefinitely seems a bit over the top. Yeah, the guy's an ass, but that could be taken care of on the ice.
Last year during the playoffs I kept praying one of the goalies would smack him in the back of the head with their blocker.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:42 PM   #7
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

I would have prefered Broduer...When Avery was Being a douchfuck in front of the net against the devils.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:50 PM   #8
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
I would have prefered Broduer...When Avery was Being a douchfuck in front of the net against the devils.
Shit was hilarious, and it worked. Nobody was hurt, it was just an excellent annoyance, but god forbid anyone fuck with Brodeur. He gets a little sand in his vagina and all of a sudden there's an Avery rule.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Old 12-03-2008, 12:55 PM   #9
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Oh I didnt say it didnt work....Shit was Mad Funny. I hate the devils...I was so happy to see them get licked by the rangers last year.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:59 PM   #10
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Oh I didnt say it didnt work....Shit was Mad Funny. I hate the devils...I was so happy to see them get licked by the rangers last year.
Same here. Huge Rangers fan here.