Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2008, 01:40 PM   #1
Crazy
I'm home take me drunk

Moto: 2005 SV650s blue
Default Its about time...

It took forever but I finally got the bike I want!!!

Test ride: this dealer has a policy/service of taking you on a test ride (as in you follow some other dude on a ducati). That was pretty helpful because I wouldnt have done as extensive of a test ride by myself. Took me through some twisties and hills, shifted fine, revved fine, so by the time I got back I was pretty convinced. after the test ride the bike had 6666 miles on it.
After the paperwork we loaded her up and brought her home. unloaded at a loading dock with the help of 3 other people.

first impression... obviously way faster than my 250 ... riding around town I was surprised that I pretty much never got higher than 2nd or 3rd gear (I kept trying to down shift a few extra).
And it goes from 0 to illegal in no time flat. Its not the fastest bike out there but I'll be impressed with it for a long time.
I'm not sure i understand how the neutral finder works (not the same as the 250) but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.
It feels very light, very easy to handle, and its decently comfortable.
Also on my 250 I was used to revving it a little high (up to around 9-10K). When you are just riding around town when do you shift usually?

Also, they did not put a stock tire on it. any opinions on the battlax?
And, the chain was not rusted, it was a dirty gold chain. It also has a master link, so I might replace this for safety (apparently its not a good idea to have a master link if you are riding hard).

I have plenty of mods planned but for now, at least until I get some cash (read: next winter at the earliest) its gonna stay stock except for minor things like fender eliminator, flushmounts, etc.

I would have some nicer pics but its raining...

I'm planning on riding a lot this week so hopefully the weather will clear up.

my friends truck is BADASS!!

(yes thats the price tag on the tire still)

Last edited by Crazy; 03-15-2008 at 01:43 PM..
Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote