Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 07-06-2008, 11:30 PM   #11
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
I wonder why those two helmets are the exact same? Weird.

I know! Maybe the same factory in China makes both helmets.... I don't know if you can tell from my crappy pics but those two helmets are almost exactly the same. In fact the only differences are vent hole covers(same exact locations tho') and the shield mechanism (but the ratchet plate mounts in the same places and in the same way). It's probably the same situation as the HJC and Joe Rocket helmets.

Oh and if I can't get the carbon fiber Vemar,I guess I'll settle for the Power Puff Girls model!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:44 PM   #12
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
Thanks for the heads-up (no pun intended). I was thinking of the Vemar Carbon for my next lid (I have a Shoei RF-1000 now and had an RF-900 before that), but I'll probably go with the Shark next, or possibly the new Bell helmet. Hell, I have been very happy with my Shoei, I might just pony up for an X-11.
Do the x-11 and the RF-1000 have the same fit head shape wise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:55 PM   #13
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I know! Maybe the same factory in China makes both helmets.... I don't know if you can tell from my crappy pics but those two helmets are almost exactly the same. In fact the only differences are vent hole covers(same exact locations tho') and the shield mechanism (but the ratchet plate mounts in the same places and in the same way). It's probably the same situation as the HJC and Joe Rocket helmets.

Oh and if I can't get the carbon fiber Vemar,I guess I'll settle for the Power Puff Girls model!
Actually HJC makes lots of helmet brands... Joe Rocket, Icon.. a few others so it wouldn't surprise me is Vemar and Akuma re made by HJC as well.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:42 PM   #14
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

Moto: VTR, CBR, DRZSM

I have a Vemar VSR that was a trackside special for $100 and BLOWS my Shoeis and Arais away. Lighter, quieter, better face shields, great fit. If I would have known it would be such a great helmet I would have bought 4 of them.

WOS Forums
pickle.of.doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 03:09 PM   #15
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
Do the x-11 and the RF-1000 have the same fit head shape wise?
When I tried em on they felt pretty different. I instantly knew the rf1000 wasnt right for me, then I tried on the x11 and it was perfect. Bought one very shortly after.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:08 PM   #16
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
When I tried em on they felt pretty different. I instantly knew the rf1000 wasnt right for me, then I tried on the x11 and it was perfect. Bought one very shortly after.
hmm, so then cutty should stay away from x-11... cutty likes the fit of his RF-1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:10 AM   #17
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle.of.doom View Post
I have a Vemar VSR that was a trackside special for $100 and BLOWS my Shoeis and Arais away. Lighter, quieter, better face shields, great fit. If I would have known it would be such a great helmet I would have bought 4 of them.
With all due respect, I find it hard to believe. The VSREV is supposedly Vemar's top of the line helmet and while it's lighter than a typical Arai or Shoei, it is no more quieter and the face shield sucks. In the intermediate raised positions, it can't resist the wind blast and kept getting blown down into the shut position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yea I looked at the Vemar carbon but got the HJC instead. Btw the Vemar looks suspiciously similar to my Akuma helmet down to the "pull-out" venting system in the rear. I honestly think it's the same helmet.
The resemblance is uncanny. Not much of a difference in MSRP either. $399 versus $475 for the Vemar VSREV.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:21 PM   #18
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

Moto: VTR, CBR, DRZSM

Well, Mine isn't the EV, just the VSR from a few years ago, and it is a bad ass helmet. Has a normal style visor release, not the one like on yours. Maybe they took a step backward with the new model or something..

WOS Forums
pickle.of.doom is offline   Reply With Quote