Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Events

Old 05-04-2009, 12:32 PM   #201
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Beer is good...I have some room in ym tail bag...i could fit a bottle or two...the side comparments are empty and Im all packed...but anyway...Bought some wind/waterproof gloves just in case...it looks like its gonna be hoovering around 50-55 when we leave DE...so hopefully it will get warmer as we get further south.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:41 PM   #202
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

What type of gear will you guys be wearing/bringing to the rally? For the last couple of weeks I've been riding to work with my leather in hopes of conditioning myself to riding in leather as opposed to mesh. It didn't work well, so I'm wearing my beater mesh jacket (I've been down in it). I can't deal with the humidity in the leather even at higher speeds. It's like it saps my strength!

I am bringing an extra pair of gloves though.

As far as alcohol, IIRC, Eric is supposed to be scouting nearby places that we can purchase alcohol. I figure if we ride in a group, taking a bag each with us, we can get plenty of alcohol back to the lodge.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:42 PM   #203
Ninjakel
Post whorette

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600-

Steph, I'd really advise leather.

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Ninjakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:42 PM   #204
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Icon Boots, Jeans, Mesh Jacket, A Star Gloves...My Mesh Jacket has very good armor...But It keeps me warmer than my Leather jacket...I dunno I might just wear my leather jacket anyway and Bundle up with a hoodie underneath it.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:45 PM   #205
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

DO NOT USE RAIN-X on your visor... I don't know about once or twice... but it will discolor the plastic. if you look at the bottle it says keep off plastic.

I used some stuff called TT-clear... didn't work as well as advertised... as long as you clean your visor at each gas stop... you'll be good... just turn your head side to side and the water will clear itself.

try not to get behind cars/trucks... the mist they kick up has alot of grime in it. that shit doesn't come off cept when you wipe it down.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #206
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
DO NOT USE RAIN-X on your visor... I don't know about once or twice... but it will discolor the plastic. if you look at the bottle it says keep off plastic.

I used some stuff called TT-clear... didn't work as well as advertised... as long as you clean your visor at each gas stop... you'll be good... just turn your head side to side and the water will clear itself.

try not to get behind cars/trucks... the mist they kick up has alot of grime in it. that shit doesn't come off cept when you wipe it down.
Yeah I didnt use Rain x...I got this Stuff Called Nikwax...Its safe for plastic...Put on a coat and ran it under the sink water...beaded off fairly good...Any little bit helps.

Thanks tho!!! Hows that ankle??
Old 05-04-2009, 03:40 PM   #207
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I think we will be ok the way its looking. Made some progress today, chain is all put back togetherand I will get the bike inspected tomorrow. The LL came over and we had it out again so that killed some of my day. I did however manage to run some errands and more importantly get the beer.

So tomorrow I get the bike inspected and do a good once over and finish packing.

Tom
If you have anything you want me to bring I will be in Brooklyn on 92nd and Flatlands in Canarcie wed night until 9, you can meet me there and I'll throw it in my truck. The truck will be packed tuesday night so I can leave for work on wed then straight to the funeral after.

I am going to go through my tool boxes tonight after I finish packing my gear and clothers so i will be bringing an ample set of tools and power tools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Beer is good...I have some room in ym tail bag...i could fit a bottle or two...the side comparments are empty and Im all packed...but anyway...Bought some wind/waterproof gloves just in case...it looks like its gonna be hoovering around 50-55 when we leave DE...so hopefully it will get warmer as we get further south.
BEER!!! I can fit a keg or ten in my truck, more if I have a trailer.

And yes I do have GPS's tom tom and magellan
Old 05-05-2009, 12:30 AM   #208
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Pretty much all packed up and ready to go, just need to put my clothes into the car (after I find some socks), find my gauntlet gloves, and load my biek up
Old 05-05-2009, 12:38 AM   #209
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Bike is Done...Just put the Rain cover on and bungeed it all down tight...Now I just need Wednesday to get here!!!
Old 05-05-2009, 12:42 AM   #210
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

I'm still going through shit and packing up. I'm putting everything I can into zip lock bags just in case it does rain on the way there.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote