Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 03-07-2009, 07:30 PM   #51
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
Thats a helpful post, Im looking for some good boots and if your gear whore self likes the smx plus that much, thatll probably be one of the deciding factors over others.
Oh yeah,I even had GP Techs. Nice enough boots but to big of a hassle on and off for me! I didn't like the SMX boots very much but these are the shit! Oh and I've owned an older pair of Garne and SIDI boots,eh nothing special at the time. What I really like the looks of are those fucking Puma top of the line boots in all white!!!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:30 PM   #52
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
True about the boots,both parts actually. I have Icon FA boots and they are comfortable and I've crash tested them twice without any injuries (to the foot anyway). I do however love my A* SMX Plus boots,oh baby like butter,they are! I have black perforated and white regular.
mine are the A* supertech. I've had sidi and didn't like them as well, the sole on them wore way too quickly.
zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:32 PM   #53
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed View Post
mine are the A* supertech. I've had sidi and didn't like them as well, the sole on them wore way too quickly.

I never tried those,are they the ones that have two parts like the old GP Techs?
Old 03-07-2009, 07:32 PM   #54
zed
yellow don't corner well

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
Thats a helpful post, Im looking for some good boots and if your gear whore self likes the smx plus that much, thatll probably be one of the deciding factors over others.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Alpin...Q5fMerchandise
Old 03-07-2009, 07:34 PM   #55
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Hey look around,I honestly got mine for $150 brand new at a dealership,no less. Keep your eyes open and have your money ready!
Old 03-07-2009, 07:36 PM   #56
zed
yellow don't corner well

Quote:
I never tried those,are they the ones that have two parts like the old GP Techs?
yes, two piece.

yeah, you are correct about being a little more work to get on but for the protection I'll spend the extra time.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:37 PM   #57
p00kienrayray
dope fiend

Moto: JICKSIR SICKS HUNNERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaps View Post
Fieldsheer - when I worked at a shop, we had so much FS crap come back ripped, broken, what-have-you. The only good stuff they make is the Adventure pants/jacket, which are actually decent quality.
yea unfortunately i'm gonna have to second that regarding their knee pucks. the crappiest fit ever. my left one will not stick to my suit completely, it comes off half way, which sucks cuz i always find myself holding my left knee when i can so that the damn thing won't fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaps View Post
Basically, it boils down to "you get what you pay for"... usually the more expensive, the better it'll hold up, and for longer.
i catch your drift, but does that mean $700 arai lids will hold up better than any other?
p00kienrayray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:39 PM   #58
zed
yellow don't corner well

Quote:
Hey look around,I honestly got mine for $150 brand new at a dealership,no less. Keep your eyes open and have your money ready!
I was just looking to see what they were and seen that. looked like a good deal and thought he might look at them so he knew what to look for.

I think I paid around $150 for mine but they were practically new when I got them. barely a scratch even on the shifter pad.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:41 PM   #59
zed
yellow don't corner well

Quote:
Originally Posted by p00kienrayray View Post
i catch your drift, but does that mean $700 arai lids will hold up better than any other?
according to the TR rep, yes it will.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:15 PM   #60
Yamerhaw
Country Boy

Moto: 07 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed View Post
yes, two piece.

yeah, you are correct about being a little more work to get on but for the protection I'll spend the extra time.

I've got supertechs and smx-plus, i REALLY like both of them, the supertechs arent too bad to take off and on, i just leave the inner part in them all the time, however if you put on the inner part first then try to put the outer part on, its a bitch

i've got a pair of Diadora's too, just usually wear them when i'm putting around in jeans and a jacket

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
Yamerhaw is offline   Reply With Quote