Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 08-18-2013, 08:42 PM   #1
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes
Default Thanks For Stopping

I have an old inner tube in my garage and cut some pieces to place between the video camera mount and the handlebar. I was hoping to cut down some vibration. I put it together and went for a test ride. I found out later, I aimed it too low so I got mostly road. Plus, the vibration seems the same.

But I was on my way down Lookout Mountain when I saw a bike in a deserted parking lot. I could see it was vintage. So I pulled over and asked if he was okay. He said he just cleaned the points (remember them?)and was ready to roll. I saw the header and asked if it was loud. He started it up with a hidden switch. It was loud. So I said goodbye and he said "Thanks for stopping."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN3rq...ature=youtu.be
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:15 AM   #2
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

My boat still has the whole points/condenser setup. Nice and simple.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:00 PM   #3
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
I have an old inner tube in my garage and cut some pieces to place between the video camera mount and the handlebar. I was hoping to cut down some vibration. I put it together and went for a test ride. I found out later, I aimed it too low so I got mostly road. Plus, the vibration seems the same.
Here's what we do on the GoPro cameras; line the inside of the case with a piece of masking tape. The camera has a tiny bit of room to move in the case, and this helps solves that issue. (I also use this to keep the cameras straight in where they go on each bike). Also make sure to use the rubber piece on the mounting slider; this helps the most.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:11 PM   #4
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

I always stop... latest and greatest was while me and my crew were in the U.P. last month. Stopped for a HD ULtra... my right side buddy asked the rider what's wrong... he ran out of gas (easy to do in the U.P.), we said we GOT THIS. Both my bud Caveman and I were carrying a gallon of gas in our Reda can in our saddlebag. We poured him a gallon and got him on the road, he was BEYOND happy we stopped. Good guy and was on a trip from Minn with his wife. It's biker code, pure and simple.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:34 PM   #5
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Most memorable stop I have ever had with a side of the road biker was two guys about 2 or 3 turns from being done with the dragon. One of the bikes was in the ditch and both dudes looked beat the fuck up. Got off and helped pick the bike up and out of the ditch. Talked to the guys a little bit. The one that was in the ditch, it was his second wreck of the day and the guy with him also had two. I told them it's probably a good time to go home and call it a day, they agreed. They just went to the store and back. 1 pass....

LOL
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote