Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Beginner's End

Old 07-01-2008, 12:34 PM   #11
Shift
Just a Noob

Moto: 08 Green 6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Boy 22 View Post
I'm proud to announce that thanks to a few of the members of this forum, I received my first ever riding lessons on friday. Got enough practice to allow me to ride approx. 100 miles round trip friday night and saturday. All of what i learned got lots of use on saturday.

Seen your in NW Florida, are your more towards me in Pensacola or over by Eglin?
Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:05 PM   #12
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

actually, he's in my area, towards Eglin...i am his primary instructor till he gets into the MSF...

and I have a feeling he'll be my last "student"...shit's too stressful to teach people...then I always worry when they get outta my sight...

He's doing great btw, one of those jerks that does things pretty much great from the start...had to tell him to STOP leaning in the parking lot of the school when we first started...he didnt even know he was doing it, almost gave me heart failure, I've NEVER seen a newbie do that...but i guess the dirt experience does help...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:21 PM   #13
Country Boy 22
Banned

Moto: In Search Of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
actually, he's in my area, towards Eglin...i am his primary instructor till he gets into the MSF...
I gotta admit, you can't help but listen when your istructor is rae! She kinda catches your attention!

Quote:
and I have a feeling he'll be my last "student"...shit's too stressful to teach people...then I always worry when they get outta my sight...
she says that, but she'll probably teach over and over again....

Quote:
He's doing great btw, one of those jerks that does things pretty much great from the start...had to tell him to STOP leaning in the parking lot of the school when we first started...he didnt even know he was doing it, almost gave me heart failure, I've NEVER seen a newbie do that...but i guess the dirt experience does help...
it just felt natural, that and every once in a while i have to remember to keep my knee in....so use to putting that foot down in turns...i remember to keep the foot up, but the knee just goes and probably not a good idea when wearing jeans and riding on the street. Maybe my instructor will allow me to go out to the track in october to actually see what its like and how well i perform on the spot...
Country Boy 22 is offline   Reply With Quote