Moto: Nothing at the moment

I may end up doing a whole new setup just for the hell of it
Old 06-14-2008, 06:04 PM   #12
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by upshift View Post
Thanks, yeah I was considering not even putting them back on when I took them off the first time and with that crack in the upper fairing I dont think it would hurt. Just dont know if it would hurt resale if/when I sell it
Fuck that... If you did it right, somewhat like what the guy did in Trip's pic, you could make money off that fucker. I know for damn sure that guy doesn't have a lot into his project and probably gets offers to buy it all the time...
Old 06-14-2008, 09:23 PM   #13
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Fuck that... If you did it right, somewhat like what the guy did in Trip's pic, you could make money off that fucker. I know for damn sure that guy doesn't have a lot into his project and probably gets offers to buy it all the time...
Tru dat...I may be looking at some new parts if i go that route. Right now I'm just BSing around fixing stuff that needs fixing, painting old parts etc. Baja designs has some nice headlights that would make a 250 look awesome.

On a side note, does anyone know if I can sand down the old headers/pipes and paint them with that heat resistant krylon paint? If I am going to take the fairings off I want to get the old rust color off of the exposed headers. I dont want to have to buy a whole new exhaust setup.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:12 PM   #14
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
yeah, I am not going to do exactly that, but I am doing something similar. I will do a different tail depending on what I can find in good condition in the salvage yard. I just need to get settled into the new house and get that all off the ground before I start this project.
well the end of next season I'm buying a new bike... my bike will be going to my bro... and i'm planning on take'n his... and trying this... it'd be a fun little thing to fuck around on
Old 06-14-2008, 10:15 PM   #15
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
well the end of next season I'm buying a new bike... my bike will be going to my bro... and i'm planning on take'n his... and trying this... it'd be a fun little thing to fuck around on
I think its time we got a 'Pimp My Twofiddy' group started
Old 06-14-2008, 11:06 PM   #16
rider76
Canyon Carver

Moto: looking for the next ride

gettin a 250 Ebbs?
Old 06-15-2008, 12:59 AM   #17
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

my little bro has one... and I'm giving him My ZZR the end of next season... I'm think'n of just take'n his 250... turning it into a commuter/motard like the one pictured above... ... it'll be my 2nd bike though
Old 06-15-2008, 08:23 AM   #18
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by upshift View Post
Tru dat...I may be looking at some new parts if i go that route. Right now I'm just BSing around fixing stuff that needs fixing, painting old parts etc. Baja designs has some nice headlights that would make a 250 look awesome.

On a side note, does anyone know if I can sand down the old headers/pipes and paint them with that heat resistant krylon paint? If I am going to take the fairings off I want to get the old rust color off of the exposed headers. I dont want to have to buy a whole new exhaust setup.
Yeah, you could sand them down and paint them... they'd prolly look like shit though... May be better than rusty headers... I'd use high temp grill paint and go black on them bitches... That'd look good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
my little bro has one... and I'm giving him My ZZR the end of next season... I'm think'n of just take'n his 250... turning it into a commuter/motard like the one pictured above... ... it'll be my 2nd bike though
What is this 'give' stuff you speak of? I'd sell him that shit... teach him about money and how his vagina affects it.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:13 AM   #19
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

ehh it's my gift to him for graduating from College and ROTC... it'll be a year early... but I'm ok with that.

I'd sell it to him but I want it back when he's ready to move on up... so if he wants to buy it from me... then I'll buy it back... otherwise... I'll give it to him with the understanding that when he moves to a bigger bike... he gives me the ZZR back.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:03 AM   #20
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Yeah, you could sand them down and paint them... they'd prolly look like shit though... May be better than rusty headers... I'd use high temp grill paint and go black on them bitches... That'd look good.
Yeah at least you wont be able to see all the rust I know they wont look brand new but at least they will look better.