Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > 2008 Blog Contest > Blog Contest Discussion

Old 07-04-2008, 01:04 PM   #51
Crazy
I'm home take me drunk

Moto: 2005 SV650s blue

u had a tinted shield or what?
should have just popped up the faceshield. I got back home last night around 8 and wanted to ride so I just left w/o switching to the clear shield. as long as there arent too many bugs you're probably more safe with the shield up so u can see better.
Old 07-04-2008, 06:08 PM   #52
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
Nah I kid I kid. Don't ever take anything serious on the internet.
Trust me, I got ya. Im damn near impossible to upset on here, or in person for that matter.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:32 PM   #53
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Moto: Nothing at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy View Post
u had a tinted shield or what?
should have just popped up the faceshield. I got back home last night around 8 and wanted to ride so I just left w/o switching to the clear shield. as long as there arent too many bugs you're probably more safe with the shield up so u can see better.
Yeah it was tinted and there were alot of bugs out that evening. I got a bee caught in my helmet before that and I wasnt about to have something else fly in
Old 07-05-2008, 12:10 PM   #54
Crazy
I'm home take me drunk

Moto: 2005 SV650s blue

heh yeah I had a bee fly in at a stop light once... scary as hell
Old 07-07-2008, 10:39 AM   #55
Vettezilla (Impala Balko)
FUCK IT. WE'LL DO IT LIVE

Moto: 2001 Suzuki GSX-R 750 blue/white

Quote:
He doesn't have that kind of money. A turbo is going to cost him 6k easy by the time he's done. If he's complaining about not being able to afford gas if he had a GT he doesn't even need to be thinking about F/I for his car.
Not true he can look for used turbo on the world wide web and probably pick up a used turbos for a couple hundred bucks. With a little research Id say he could turbo charge that car for under a grand.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:49 AM   #56
Shift
Just a Noob

Moto: 08 Green 6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezilla (Impala Balko) View Post
Not true he can look for used turbo on the world wide web and probably pick up a used turbos for a couple hundred bucks. With a little research Id say he could turbo charge that car for under a grand.
Bs. For a couple hundred that turbo is probly a beat up pos. Even if he can get a nice turbo for around a grand, I highly doubt he has the skills to custom fab the piping. Oh and did you forget about the fuel system? Surely you don't think those stock injectors can pump out the fuel he's going to need. So theres another couple hundred. He's going o spend AT LEAST 500 on a dyno getting it tuned so it doesn't run mad lean/rich. Intercooler maybe, waste gate, theres a lot more to it if u want to do it right then just buying a cheap ass turbo off ebay and thinking you can just slap it on your car. I say even if he goes used AND can install everything himself hes going to spend over 2 grand easy.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:24 AM   #57
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Quote:
Bs. For a couple hundred that turbo is probly a beat up pos. Even if he can get a nice turbo for around a grand, I highly doubt he has the skills to custom fab the piping. Oh and did you forget about the fuel system? Surely you don't think those stock injectors can pump out the fuel he's going to need. So theres another couple hundred. He's going o spend AT LEAST 500 on a dyno getting it tuned so it doesn't run mad lean/rich. Intercooler maybe, waste gate, theres a lot more to it if u want to do it right then just buying a cheap ass turbo off ebay and thinking you can just slap it on your car. I say even if he goes used AND can install everything himself hes going to spend over 2 grand easy.
That sounds pretty accurate when it comes to a turbo for a Mustang. He could possibly go supercharger for a little bit less just from the abundance of parts available to supercharge a stang, but itd still be probably at least 1500.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:28 PM   #58
Vettezilla (Impala Balko)
FUCK IT. WE'LL DO IT LIVE

Moto: 2001 Suzuki GSX-R 750 blue/white

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
That sounds pretty accurate when it comes to a turbo for a Mustang. He could possibly go supercharger for a little bit less just from the abundance of parts available to supercharge a stang, but itd still be probably at least 1500.
the abundance of parts is for the 5.0 or the 4.6L mustangs I dont think there is a lot for the 6 cyl mustangs.

Quote:
I said buy a cheap used turbo... one that maybe needs rebuilding.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:52 PM   #59
Shift
Just a Noob

Moto: 08 Green 6R

Quote:
the abundance of parts is for the 5.0 or the 4.6L mustangs I dont think there is a lot for the 6 cyl mustangs.

Regardless a turbo alone isn't going to do this v6 much. Don't forget he has a one wheel wonder as well until he puts a t-loc in his rear end. So thats another 200-500 depending on his mechanical skills. In the end tho no matter which side your on its still a losing battle. Think about it, trying to build a budget turbo on a daily driver without having money set aside to go with a forge motor in case you pop your stock one is just not a vise investment at all
Old 07-07-2008, 03:24 PM   #60
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Quote:

Theres a decent supply of v6 parts that can be found as well, just not as many as for the 5.0 and 4.6