Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-04-2011, 10:54 PM   #1
caveman
mmmm, Beeeer

Moto: 08 HD Ultra

If any of you decide to visit Gas here in Michigan, be prepared. If you go to his house Brinks is completely of the opinion that you are there not to visit with the actual owners of the house but to play with and dish out much love to the dog. And just make sure you keep him at least at an arms reach for at least 5 minutes after he has hit the water bowl or you will be just as wet as his face.

Caveman

caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:59 PM   #2
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

There is some truth there!

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:18 AM   #3
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Unhappy Devestation... had to put my boy Brinks down...

It is with the saddest of hearts I talk to you all today... I just uploaded the last pictures of my boy Brinks.

Tuesday about 7pm, I had to put the best dog I've ever met, to rest. My boy Brinks, my son. The dog I held in my arms at two weeks and he wouldn't even go from wrist to elbow and barely had his eyes open.

He was the hardest dog Teen and I ever had to raise in our lives, but with that he gave us the greatest reward. I have never met a dog with such character and love for his family & friends. If you knew Brinks you were in his pack and he greeted you "nub & ass" wagging with such excitement just to be knocked over when he leaned into you was his greatest form of acceptance.

He was amazing and I'm a better dog person because of him. Everybody always wanted to know Brinks even through his mighty bark he loved to shout with. Hanging out in the garage wrenching on bikes, sitting on "Lookout Post 7", barking at people in "his world" while wagging his nub.

They say all the greats die young and pack a big life punch... never more true than with my boy Brinks. There is a huge part of my heart that was tore out today. He was only 5 years old and that was way too soon!!

Back story... so I don't have to explain it a zillion times...

For the last couple of weeks he's had a weird cough, we were treating it as such with our vet. It got worse so back into the vet. The second the doc heard his changed cough, I could see it in her face and straight to the xray machine they went. Brinks had enlarged heart with thin heart walls, congestive heart failure, and dilated cardiomyopathy. His lungs filled with fluid giving him his cough, his heart couldn't keep up because it was enlarged and weak. We ran more tests while we weight the options and prognosis... an EKG, and full blood work. He also had arrhythmia, which is a bad heart beat. He wasn't eating much, was going to need about 45 pills a day (which he doesn't like) and could drop from a heart attack any moment. It was no longer an IF but a when and a bad battle with his condition. He didn't deserve any of this and he was so tired from almost two weeks of this and not getting much sleep (him or us). He also didn't deserve to live like this and be in such pain and discomfort.

It took everything out of me, but Teen and I had to let him go.

It will bring tears to our eyes but please, next time we see you, share that great memory of Brinks with us, for we will miss him so very much.

A small piece of the pictures I have of Brinks is linked below.
http://s99.photobucket.com/user/cjcl...ry/Pets/Brinks

Here's a link to my Brinks album
http://s99.photobucket.com/user/cjcl...ry/Pets/Brinks

Here's a slide show of my Brinks album
http://s99.photobucket.com/user/cjcl...ow/Pets/Brinks

RIP Brinks Guardian Clark. 6/1/2008 - 6/18/2013

Momma and daddy love you and we'll bring a treat for next time we see you.

Run Amsoil Product
Old 06-20-2013, 08:55 AM   #4
Turbo Ghost
Movie Star

Moto: KLR650

Damn man! I hate to hear that! He was a beautiful dog and apparently a great dog as well! We had to do the same a few years back due to recurring cancer. The only comfort is knowing they aren't suffering anymore. God bless him and you!
Turbo Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:13 AM   #5
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Yeah, I've been down the cancer road before... that sucks.

Run Amsoil Product
Old 06-20-2013, 09:43 AM   #6
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Damn man, really sorry to hear this. I wish I could have met him, he was such a beautiful animal and by all accounts I've read, the sweetest dog on the planet. RIP Brinks.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:47 PM   #7
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Sorry to hear about Brinks. You made the correct choice but it really hurts.

At least you had an idea it was coming ( it still succks thought). We lost Mochi, our greater swiss mounatin dog the friday before thansgiving to gastric torsion. Doing OK to literally dying in my arms in a couple hours.

When the time is right, get another dog. Nobody but you will know when it's the right time.

We got another gsmd puppy ( Levi ) almost two weeks ago. He's not a replacement for my buddy, just a chance at another good four legged friend.

Sorry Chris

Jeff

excuse me, I have something in my eye .......
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:01 PM   #8
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

I am so heartbroken for you. I still miss my Sadie, girl. She was my world, as I'm sure Brinks was to you. Big hugs to both of you.
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #9
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

I feel your pain. We put our Akita down three weeks ago, and I'm still not over it. He was 15, old for an Akita. I got him from the shelter 14 years ago. I think they can sense it when you save them. He had a black face in his youth, but it turned gray. I'd like to get another dog, but if he lives to 15, I'd be close to 80 when I would have to put him to sleep. My heart couldn't take that again.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:09 PM   #10
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
I feel your pain. We put our Akita down three weeks ago, and I'm still not over it. He was 15, old for an Akita. I got him from the shelter 14 years ago. I think they can sense it when you save them. He had a black face in his youth, but it turned gray. I'd like to get another dog, but if he lives to 15, I'd be close to 80 when I would have to put him to sleep. My heart couldn't take that again.
Rescue an older dog. They could use a loving home, but also means you would spend less time with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote