Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-17-2009, 03:29 PM   #1
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory
Default Whale Wars, anybody watch

i watch it from time to time, thought the peeps had a good "cause" but were just stupid people.

but then the last episode they showed a whale getting speared, then shot/killed, then butchered up.........

they killed 3-4 in a few hours

man, that was eye opening. and i knew the process but to watch it happen.

not as bad as the dude's beating the baby seals w/ bats. but they did kill a lil whale.....sad.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:32 PM   #2
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Um, what did you think they did with the whales?

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:39 PM   #3
Rider
Moto GP Star

My son watches every episode so I've seen a few of them. I don't think I'd risk my life for a whale.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:51 PM   #4
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I watch it and think it's hilarious.

I think the people are stupid and probably deserve to have their boat sunk for ramming ships. If you want to play, you have to be willing to pay. I could care less about the whales or whaling. I would slaughter an animal, bleed it, cut it up into edible portions, cook it, and then eat it if butcher shops didn't do it for me. The only time I wouldn't want hunting is if you were doing it to the point of extinction. Japan isn't doing that, they are specifically targeting a species that isn't on the verge of extinction and they also quota hunt so the population isn't effected, but facts ruin the point of the show. Their lethal sampling of whales also helps the fish stock in the ocean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:55 PM   #5
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
. Japan isn't doing that, they are specifically targeting a species that isn't on the verge of extinction and they also quota hunt so the population isn't effected, but facts ruin the point of the show. Their lethal sampling of whales also helps the fish stock in the ocean.
facts? i dunno, link?
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:02 PM   #6
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:

I think the people are stupid and probably deserve to have their boat sunk for ramming ships. If you want to play, you have to be willing to pay. I could care less about the whales or whaling. I would slaughter an animal, bleed it, cut it up into edible portions, cook it, and then eat it if butcher shops didn't do it for me. The only time I wouldn't want hunting is if you were doing it to the point of extinction. Japan isn't doing that, they are specifically targeting a species that isn't on the verge of extinction and they also quota hunt so the population isn't effected, but facts ruin the point of the show. Their lethal sampling of whales also helps the fish stock in the ocean.

I'll give you whales, but they're definitely fucking up the shark population.

Shark fins are NOT going to make your little asian dicks bigger. Just keep making lots of money so you don't have to worry about it.. (Japanese, not you trip).
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:08 PM   #7
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
facts? i dunno, link?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antarctic_Minke_Whale

Quota at 850, they are only getting a little over 500 with a population of over 500000.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!

Last edited by Trip; 08-17-2009 at 04:13 PM..
Old 08-17-2009, 04:10 PM   #8
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
I'll give you whales, but they're definitely fucking up the shark population.

Shark fins are NOT going to make your little asian dicks bigger. Just keep making lots of money so you don't have to worry about it.. (Japanese, not you trip).
There isn't a TV show about sharks yet. I would watch the nutzo's fight shark hunters too.
Quote:
Old 08-17-2009, 04:19 PM   #9
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:

I should record my husband's commentary while watching that show... it makes it all that much better The lack of experience on their "sailors" has me surprised that they haven't completely sunk yet. Green Peace won't even claim these fools. Sure makes for good TV though.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:27 PM   #10
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
There isn't a TV show about sharks yet. I would watch the nutzo's fight shark hunters too.
This is another of those rare topics where we are in complete agreement, Trip. The Japanese are not breaking any laws but these goof balls keep attacking them. It's ridiculous. I wonder if the Japanese whalers are interested in hiring someone who is will to "shoot" back? I wish just once that they'd attack one of these ships and you heard a loud *bang* and see a hole magically appear in their hull!

As far as how sad it is to see a whale butchered... well, I doubt that it's any more gruesome than the fate of the cow that sacrificed his life so I could eat at Checkers a minute ago.

Personally, I'd love to see a bunch of kooks go jump in the water to stop people from hunting sharks!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote