Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Aftermarket Modding

Old 04-07-2008, 02:01 AM   #11
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
actual HID kits... not the look alike... the kit I'm looking at is both Hi/Lo for $265 or so...

it's two ballists, two bulbs, two relays and I don't loose my high beams...

I'll be installing it in September... can't fuck'n wait!
Any hints on where you found this kit? I am thinking of something similar for my bike, but I wanted both bulbs changed.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:56 AM   #12
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

I'll link ya when I get home... but it's like Xenonexperts.com or something... Trip is running the kit in his 600RR and love them... if you do the motorcycle kit they have a discount on the 2nd ballast and bulb.

for me I did the car setup (same size ballast as the motorcycle kit) because I have two bulbs that both do hi/lo... and wanted to keep it that way

EDIT: like I promised.
http://www.xenonexpert.com/ddm_moto_kit.html

Last edited by Mr Lefty; 04-07-2008 at 03:36 AM..
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:12 AM   #13
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Thanks Ebbs!

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:51 AM   #14
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

no prob... you may wanna check out Trip's link above to get that relay... should help ease the stress on your electrical system... then again... Trip runs it with out issue... so who knows... I ordered it anyways as I have two lights coming on when i kick on the ignition
Old 04-07-2008, 07:02 AM   #15
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

They do make a digital HID. I know many of my Big Dog guys are starting to run them. They create less heat so you can store the ballast in more tight places and they draw less amps.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:04 AM   #16
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
They do make a digital HID. I know many of my Big Dog guys are starting to run them. They create less heat so you can store the ballast in more tight places and they draw less amps.
yep,the kit I just ordered comes with a digital ballast and plugs into the existing wiring harness. $60 shipped.I decided to only get low beam as that's what I ride in 90% of the time anyway. BTW,according to all the research I've done,HID lights require LESS electricity than halogen,so I'm not sure what all the concern is with start-up.....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:16 AM   #17
NeonspeedRT
At Large

Moto: 2005 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0n1 View Post
OK so my next thing may be a HID conversion. I was reading a lot about HID lights, the temperature and angle and I remember Trip had a post on his HID’s so I read that again too.
Do some looking around on the R1 forums. I've been looking into HID's also. There seem to be two reputable companies that the majority of R1 owners are using. One is A&R and the other is a certain ebay seller. I'm kinda leaning towards the A&R kit. It's alittle more pricey, but it's plug and play for the R1.

"Riding a motorcycle is like playing chess. Anyone can learn the moves, but it takes a lifetime to master the game."
NeonspeedRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:11 PM   #18
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
yep,the kit I just ordered comes with a digital ballast and plugs into the existing wiring harness. $60 shipped.I decided to only get low beam as that's what I ride in 90% of the time anyway. BTW,according to all the research I've done,HID lights require LESS electricity than halogen,so I'm not sure what all the concern is with start-up.....
Tigger... they require less constant current than halogen but when they first ignite they require a large amount of power to start up. (or so I understand from everything I've read)

with two balasts coming on when my bike is also trying to start just doesn't sound like a smart plan... so delaying them 10 seconds is worth it... to me at least
Old 04-07-2008, 04:26 PM   #19
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
Tigger... they require less constant current than halogen but when they first ignite they require a large amount of power to start up. (or so I understand from everything I've read)

with two balasts coming on when my bike is also trying to start just doesn't sound like a smart plan... so delaying them 10 seconds is worth it... to me at least
that's cool...according to the seller(take it like you want) the ballasts/ starters already delay...kinda like flourecent lights. Anyway,my bike only needs one so there!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:54 PM   #20
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

yeah no big deal... though I wonder if the power draw is delayed or just the lights coming on is