• 09-23-2012 | 03:40 PM
  • goof2
  • Very nice, I'd ride that.
  • 09-24-2012 | 01:03 PM
  • Cutty72
  • Quote CasterTroy
    K1200S

Quote Porkchop

I dont see why its out of the question now. Shaft technology has come a long way. No more shaft lag. Way less maintenance than a chain. Sure the weight is an issue.
    Not saying it can't be done... but the examples given are sport tourer's, not a true "sport" bike, IMO.
  • 09-24-2012 | 04:04 PM
  • CasterTroy
  • Quote Cutty72
    Not saying it can't be done... but the examples given are sport tourer's, not a true "sport" bike, IMO.
    I personally consider the K1200S a sport bike. I alsoo consider the Busa a sport bike. I owned that 12 right before my busa, and besides being just slightly slower than my busa, the K handled better and was more "sporty" than my busa.

However neither are RACE bikes. I wouldn't have taken either to a track day. Who was the lunatic on CF that had the carbon fiber busa that was all over the net and in rags doing track days and killing everyone in socal with his carbon fiber busa? He was the code writer and problem solver......crap..can't remember his name
  • 09-24-2012 | 05:04 PM
  • fasternyou929
  • Quote CasterTroy
    I personally consider the K1200S a sport bike. I alsoo consider the Busa a sport bike. I owned that 12 right before my busa, and besides being just slightly slower than my busa, the K handled better and was more "sporty" than my busa.

However neither are RACE bikes. I wouldn't have taken either to a track day. Who was the lunatic on CF that had the carbon fiber busa that was all over the net and in rags doing track days and killing everyone in socal with his carbon fiber busa? He was the code writer and problem solver......crap..can't remember his name
    Was it Eugene? Sonic? Tried to go to the site and see if I could find the username, but all I get is a blank screen.

I remember him being the code write, but nothing about his busa.
  • 09-24-2012 | 05:21 PM
  • shmike
  • Quote CasterTroy

Quote fasternyou929
    Was it Eugene? Sonic? Tried to go to the site and see if I could find the username, but all I get is a blank screen.

I remember him being the code write, but nothing about his busa.
    I think Sonic was the code writer.

The Busa guy's name was Nick. I'm not sure if Nick was part of his username or not.

I want to say NickSlick but that may have been someone else entirely.
  • 09-24-2012 | 05:26 PM
  • shmike
  • Quote shmike
    The Busa guy's name was Nick. I'm not sure if Nick was part of his username or not.

I want to say NickSlick but that may have been someone else entirely.
    Just checked.

NickSlick was the guy.
  • 09-24-2012 | 06:57 PM
  • fasternyou929
  • Quote shmike
    Just checked.

NickSlick was the guy.
    So you're saying I was close.

Can't say I remember ever seeing that name.
  • 09-24-2012 | 10:42 PM
  • EpyonXero
  • NICKSLICK right? I remember he was always doing something really expensive.

Also i want to hear that CBR