• User Name
  • Password
Cage Hell

Hmmm...yea that could be the problem.

• 04-09-2013 | 09:41 AM
  • BobTheBiker
  • eh, good a time as any to freshen up the head. those old suzuki 1.6 motors in the sidekicks (same thing as the tracker) were pretty rugged.
  • 04-09-2013 | 03:04 PM
  • Rangerscott
  • Theyre good engines. Its sad to see a weak link bring it down. They can continue to run even when compression is below 100psi. Id love to get a deal on tye 2.0L four banger.

Hell ive seen links to were the 1.3L samurai engine is used in single prop planes. They love high rpms. Wish there was a lot more engine aftermarket like the brits have.

I have a turbo setup I can stick on my 16v, but Ill make sure this head gasket is better than the last first.
  • 04-10-2013 | 11:29 AM
  • Cutty72
  • Quote Rangerscott
    I have a turbo setup I can stick on my 16v, but Ill make sure this head gasket is better than the last first.
    Going to studs vs bolts then?
  • 04-10-2013 | 10:13 PM
  • Rangerscott
  • No one really makes studs for our engines. A guy did find some close enough that are ARP and some other part numbers
  • 04-12-2013 | 11:45 PM
  • Rangerscott
  • Head is bolted on and valves are set. Took tye intake off and gave it a good cleaning. Get all the emission crap put back on it and get the intake bolted on. Get this dang thing running again.
  • 04-14-2013 | 11:05 PM
  • Rangerscott
  • Got the engine running. Just gotta get the timing down and coolant topped off.