• User Name
  • Password
Manufacturer War

Harley goes electric

• 06-25-2014 | 09:18 AM
  • Phenix_Rider
  • Quote smileyman
    I saw it and thought "wow" finally a Harley with an engine I like..."
    No more revving at stops... what will they come up with next? Who wants to bet that HD will install a clutch AFTER the bevel gear just so clods can play "jet-fighter?"
  • 06-25-2014 | 04:24 PM
  • Gas Man
  • Quote Trip
    They really aren't keeping up with tech. Electric is by no means new or revolutionary now. They aren't setting trends, they are following them. Harley is going after hipsters.
    I heard 130 miles and under an hour charge time.
  • 06-26-2014 | 11:04 AM
  • Phenix_Rider
  • Quote Gas Man
    Funny, I read on several sites 50 miles on demo economy settings and 30 miles on normal setting. Minimum 3 hour charge time. Not exactly compelling stats.
  • 06-26-2014 | 01:07 PM
  • Trip
  • Quote Gas Man
    Harley is in by no means anywhere close to leading the edge on battery development. You would just have to be fooling yourself to even consider it. Hell they don't have anything to even do with it, that would be all contracted out to another company. Making batteries is a dirty dirty business.
  • 06-26-2014 | 03:44 PM
  • marko138
  • Quote Phenix_Rider
    Funny, I read on several sites 50 miles on demo economy settings and 30 miles on normal setting. Minimum 3 hour charge time. Not exactly compelling stats.
    That's closer to what I read.
  • 07-01-2014 | 09:37 AM
  • Particle Man
  • How many of those do you think we'll see parked outside the local Four Bucks coffee once they come out...?