Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Around the World > Southwest Riders

Old 08-21-2009, 11:24 AM   #21
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

I have a suit from Barnacle Bill and think he does great work. Haven't had a suit moded by him but I would definitely sent my repeat business his way.

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 03:58 PM   #22
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Damn the benefit to DIY in this case, is you knew exactly how much work was done each day.

In my case, I knew how much work still needed to be done at the end of each day.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 03:37 PM   #23
pdog
Refugee

Moto: Pimped 2005 SV650

Heard from Shannon, said she had medical issues for the last week. Fair enough, let's see if my jacket appears this week.
pdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:31 PM   #24
pdog
Refugee

The jacket did not appear. I've reopened the case and now she claims it's in a box, ready to be shipped. Uh huh. Right.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:48 AM   #25
Leon
WERA Yellow Plate

I had a Speedhump and some liner repair work done by Spiderracingleathers. Went through the same thing pdog is going through. BS excuse after BS excuse. They answered quickly when they were getting paid, otherwise it took weeks to get a reply to a call or email. I got my suit back the day we were leaving for the gap. They said it would take 3 weeks, had my suit for months.

I sent Kelley's suit to Barnicle bill to get perfed. I think he charged $75 or so to do the entire suit. She couldn't be happier and he had it back to us within a week.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:42 PM   #26
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Any updates on getting your stuff back?

LOL I can probably give you some pointers if you want to perforate your own leathers from here out.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:04 PM   #27
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdog View Post
Heard from Shannon, said she had medical issues for the last week. Fair enough, let's see if my jacket appears this week.
Oh no... she has been VERY reliable to myself and many of my customers in the past. I'll check into it for you Mike - do you have your stuff back yet?

After many situations and seeing the quality of work with Barnacle Bill I would rather poke myself in the eye than do business with him. No thank you.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:17 PM   #28
Ninjakel
Post whorette

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600-

My 1 piece suit was perf'ed by Bill. Totally perfect, no complaints from me. Awesome turnaround time too. under a week.

I guess everyone has different experiences with people

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Ninjakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:48 AM   #29
pdog
Refugee

Like Leon mentioned, in my experience she does not respond to emails quickly unless money is on the line or she is trying to get you as a customer.

I've tried paying her through Paypal twice. Once I gave her 10 days to ship, the second four days. Neither time did I receive anything. She refuses to ship anything until she is paid in full, nevermind the fact that I have paid her in full twice already. ???

She's refusing to communicate anymore and ignoring the Paypal dispute I opened. I have a foolproof way to ensure that neither of us can rip each other off (use signature on delivery and have paypal release the money to her once the USPS has a signature), but she's not listening to me anymore. At this point, she has stolen my jacket.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:53 AM   #30
pdog
Refugee

If you can put some pressure on her, I would appreciate it. I have no leverage on her anymore - all I can do is refuse to pay for the alterations and possibly write up a complaint on several TX motorcycle forums. I've done nothing to make her mistrust me yet she's twice failed to ship after being paid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Oh no... she has been VERY reliable to myself and many of my customers in the past. I'll check into it for you Mike - do you have your stuff back yet?