Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 11-10-2009, 07:12 PM   #1
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Moto: SV650 Interstate, CX500 rat-bobber, whatever else runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
Ok, a question for all of you. You're headed for the edge of a cliff at Mach 10, and you have a catastrophic brake failure. Let's say you blew a line, and grabbed a big hand full of nothing. Rare? Sure. Impossible? No.

What's the plan?

JC

Take off my shirt, use it as a parachute.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:11 AM   #2
The Awesome
Custom User Title

The bottom line is that if you arrive at "crash on purpose" as your solution, you need to go back to square one and relearn how to handle panic situations. Crashing on purpose is not a skill, it's something you hear about at a bar from a 55 year old Harley rider that thinks front brakes are a liability.
The Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:41 AM   #3
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Awesome View Post
The bottom line is that if you arrive at "crash on purpose" as your solution, you need to go back to square one and relearn how to handle panic situations. Crashing on purpose is not a skill, it's something you hear about at a bar from a 55 year old Harley rider that thinks front brakes are a liability.
Um, no. The bottom line is that if you ride a motorcycle you should be open to doing whatever it takes to keep your ass alive.

Knowing how to lay a bike down is an actual skill, it's just not one that you possess.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go out to my garage, and find the asshole who's been parking his no brakes Harley in there, and lying about my age at the bar.

JC
Old 11-11-2009, 10:23 AM   #4
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

This is generaly how I imagine myself laying down my bike on purpose, well, minus the 2nd guy, and I finish taking out the 1st guy quicker and rescue the chick and have plenty of time to escape

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAXjgTlstHs

This is pretty much another good way to do it, fighting terroistas and rescuing american hostages.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTPjWrDmsZ0
Old 11-12-2009, 11:22 PM   #5
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Well according to my wife, the insurance co. is going to total my father in law's bike The guy that pulled out in front of him admitted to causing the spill. Not sure he's going to bother with buying it back, I think he plans to apply whatever funds he receives on another bike, I suggested he look into the Buells, but in the past he's been interested in the V-strom as well.
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:27 PM   #6
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
Um, no. The bottom line is that if you ride a motorcycle you should be open to doing whatever it takes to keep your ass alive.

Knowing how to lay a bike down is an actual skill, it's just not one that you possess.....
I don't agree at all. All this "it pulled out in front of me" is simply a result of not looking at what is on the side of the road.

Laying a bike down is retarded unless you are trying to go under a semi.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote