Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Around the World > Southeast Riders > Florida Riders

Old 12-01-2008, 04:49 AM   #1021
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I never kne wmuch about kbc but when I saw the reaper helmet I just had to have it just because I have heard theyre a decent lid. I bought a shark helmet last year. their high end model in fujiwara colors. It is nice but I dont like the strap and it obscures my perephrial vision a bit esp compared to all my other helmets I have used in the past.

Tom
KBC's fit my head well so I'm sticking with the brand. They also have excellent customer service. The snap on my strap broke & when I called them to see if I could get another strap, they said they'd send a call tag & box for the helmet, replace it & ship it back at no charge. I'm going to do that after I get another helmet because it will be passed down to Mini-Me. It fits her much better than it does me now. I'm hoping by next summer to have her take the MSF & have a baby ninja for her as well so she needs better gear than what she's wearing now for 2up riding.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:01 AM   #1022
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
KBC's fit my head well so I'm sticking with the brand. They also have excellent customer service. The snap on my strap broke & when I called them to see if I could get another strap, they said they'd send a call tag & box for the helmet, replace it & ship it back at no charge. I'm going to do that after I get another helmet because it will be passed down to Mini-Me. It fits her much better than it does me now. I'm hoping by next summer to have her take the MSF & have a baby ninja for her as well so she needs better gear than what she's wearing now for 2up riding.
def stick with what works, I never even wore a kbc so I def want to try one on first to see how it fits. I will prolly try on a bunch at the bike show next month or try to get to a dealer so if I take an XL with the kbc I will get that reaper lid, cant beat that for a hundred bucks

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:26 AM   #1023
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
I've been making a Christmas list for myself for gear. I need a new lid already & a new pair of boots. My lid is too big for me now and my left boot sole is slick. I've found a few nice lids in my size (xmsall) on closeout for cheap but can't find shit for boots.
icon gogo boots!
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:49 AM   #1024
Hondahugger
Better Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
icon gogo boots!
Hey!!! The sun is out, we're not supposed to post in here until it goes back down.
Hondahugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:11 AM   #1025
buzzcutt2
Fuzznutz

Moto: 98 ZX9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondahugger View Post
Hey!!! The sun is out, we're not supposed to post in here until it goes back down.
The sun isn't out here...cloudy and shitty.
buzzcutt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:12 AM   #1026
Hondahugger
Better Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzcutt2 View Post
The sun isn't out here...cloudy and shitty.
it's out there, it's just hiding. And don't feel bad Buzz, it's crappy as hell down here too. Pretty depressing actually.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:13 AM   #1027
buzzcutt2
Fuzznutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondahugger View Post
it's out there, it's just hiding. And don't feel bad Buzz, it's crappy as hell down here too. Pretty depressing actually.
Just glad it isn't the weekend. Since I'm at work I could care less. I'm just glad it held off enough to have my windshiled replaced this morning, rock on the drive home yesterday jumped up and bit me...nice little crack.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:29 AM   #1028
Hondahugger
Better Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzcutt2 View Post
Just glad it isn't the weekend. Since I'm at work I could care less. I'm just glad it held off enough to have my windshiled replaced this morning, rock on the drive home yesterday jumped up and bit me...nice little crack.
Oh, I thought you were still up in GA. I thought you were taking a week or something off, my bad. Okay, so nasty in PB too. Yesterday wasn't bad most of the day but I spent it in bed and then the rain came later in the afternoon/evening. I read a book, watched a little tv and let the rain whisper a lullaby to me on the windows. It wasn't that bad.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:31 AM   #1029
buzzcutt2
Fuzznutz

Nah...left yesterday morning just after 5 to avoid the traffic, drive wasn't bad - a little bit of traffic and rain at times. The bad rain was as soon as I left on the back country roads in the pitch dark.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:33 AM   #1030
Hondahugger
Better Off

wow, you did get an early start. My ex came back from Ocala with the kids yesterday and it took him a little over 8 hours to get from there to here and it's normally only a 6 hour drive, he said traffic was horrible around the Orlando area.