Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-21-2011, 09:03 AM   #121
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
MW3 is fucking stupid. It has to be the most frustrating game I have ever played.

Some guy shot me through a wall today. I watched the killcam to see how, and he had no HB sensor, no UAV, he just aimed at the wall, fired and I was dead.

Re-fucking-diculous.

Is Skyrim worth the money? I think I'm either going to trade this POS in, or I'm going to burn it and send the ashes to Activision with a healthy dose of my piss mixed in with it.
Mw3 compensates lag and slows good connections to try and "equal" the playing field. Basically this means of you have a good broadband line every little welfare rat on 56k gets an extra second or two to look at you before you even see them. Best way to fight back is lag out your own connection. I've found running utorrent on my laptop seeding the fuck out of the Og thundercats series has been very effective at limiting my handicap and even at times giving an advantage
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:13 AM   #122
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Mw3 compensates lag and slows good connections to try and "equal" the playing field. Basically this means of you have a good broadband line every little welfare rat on 56k gets an extra second or two to look at you before you even see them. Best way to fight back is lag out your own connection. I've found running utorrent on my laptop seeding the fuck out of the Og thundercats series has been very effective at limiting my handicap and even at times giving an advantage
This was on his killcam. He didn't,t see me. He aimed at a wall and fired.

I didn't know that about the lag. I'll give your way a try. I've been unplugging everything but the Xbox wen I play.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:50 AM   #123
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Not to give MW3 any slack, because it's filled with dumb shit, but when I have the game hooked up to good speakers, I can hear people coming around corners. If I was trying to get penetration kills, I'd do the same thing and aim at a wall when I hear someone coming. That doesn't excuse other bullshit, but it's something I've done in the past that works.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:24 AM   #124
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
This was on his killcam. He didn't,t see me. He aimed at a wall and fired.

I didn't know that about the lag. I'll give your way a try. I've been unplugging everything but the Xbox wen I play.
Were you in hardcore? I smoke a lot of people through walls by orienting the sound dot on the minimap forwards. You also may have been in a popular spot. Pull his video from the lobby and see what he does. If he does it regularly he may be wall hacking and you need to report him. Caught some kids boosting that way last night. They were very slick about it, nearly got away with it
Old 12-21-2011, 11:27 AM   #125
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

You ideally want to clog up your upload to the point you get between 2 to three bars.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:44 AM   #126
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Well Farcry 2 has turned into a grind fest and Im only 20% done. Gonna have to mix things up a bit like running over more zebras.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:52 AM   #127
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

$52.50 on trade in. Skyrim cost me $16 dollars.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:01 PM   #128
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Because rewarding those who cant afford good internet is smart...Fuck that, I'll stick to BF3.

MW3 makes me want to punt a baby clear across the Hudson.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:32 PM   #129
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
MW3 is fucking stupid. It has to be the most frustrating game I have ever played.

Some guy shot me through a wall today. I watched the killcam to see how, and he had no HB sensor, no UAV, he just aimed at the wall, fired and I was dead.

Re-fucking-diculous.

Is Skyrim worth the money? I think I'm either going to trade this POS in, or I'm going to burn it and send the ashes to Activision with a healthy dose of my piss mixed in with it.
I thought you were such a cod fan? I thought we argued at this point before that cod is craptastic ....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:52 PM   #130
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

If you're a steam user and are buying games on the Xmas sale then you get gifts. I bought PayDay last night and I got a 50% off coupon. YEA!
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote