Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Model Reviews

Old 04-20-2010, 05:28 AM   #11
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Moto: Victory Kingpin Low

My V-Star took 2k worth of mods before I was happy with her. That is not including the Ultimate seat. (VStar 1100 Silverado). I wouldn't want the 1300....don't know why though

My Vic had more power out of the box than the HD. I knew it was for me when I took the SO into the dealership and after looking at "my" bike he didn't grumble as much (you know, things like "it's not a HD, it's a copycat", blah blah blah) as he normally does when being forced into any dealership that is not HD. Love, it brought together a die hard HD fanatic and a die hard anything but...
Cruzergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:09 AM   #12
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
Yes it is but again
The Vision is a is a good deal more sophisticated Bike than the Ultra , with a larger moter and a 6 speed. It's ride is much closes to a LT bike Like the BMW LT or the Goldwing. as Far Looks go thought the Vision is way up on my list of ugly. The Prices like everything are flexible. Gas one the things you are absolutely right about is that there are far more people ready to buy HD then Victorys. Show a Victory dealer cash and watch the price fall! BTW price point to price branded gizmos prices are about the same where HD gets a big edge and it is one to consider. After Market is Far Deeper for HD's they have been here for ever and more people make parts. ( I feel more than a little guilty pimping for Victory while mine is for sale. ) For touring with power and handling the Goldwing has spoiled me. It is going to take a lot to get me off it.
I can see that the Vision is angling more towards some BMW especially with the ugly looks. But some like em. Goldwings are really in a group of their own. I always say that my Ultra is a cadillac but a wing is a mercedes.

Didn't know that the dealers were so soft on prices... definatelly not that way with HD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
I think that depends on what you're comparing. I priced out a Cross Roads with a Road King, exact same options, and they came out to about the same price. Tack on the 5 year warranty if I wait a year (or maybe can get it thrown in) and the fact that I can probably talk the Vic dealer down more on price...

But like I said, I haven't written off HD. I know you love em and can understand that. I certainly don't hate em and want to go ride comparable bikes before making a definite decision. Of course, I could also just throw down 5k and buy a V-star right now and call it good, even though it's not the bike I really want. But I'm super close to making that move as I can't really afford a Vic or a Harley just yet. Not sure I'd be happy with a V-star, though.
The 5 yr warrenty is a nice piece for sure. I'm happy for you either way... you need to be back on 2.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:14 AM   #13
Rider
Moto GP Star

That Hammer looks nice.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote