Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 02-18-2012, 04:11 PM   #21
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I think you would be hard pressed to find a non goggle helmet setup that worked really well without fogging in snow/ice conditions.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #22
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
Ok so I'm actively on the hunt for a new lid. Figured this would be just as well to bump an existing thread.

Schuberth C3 is at the top of the list. There's the Multitec, Scorpion, Nolan, etc. out there, but the Schuberth...

Trip, Ebbs, Papa Complex, I know y'all have Schuberths, so what's the long term concensus?

I'm especially interested in Ebbs' experience this last week with the cold weather performance of the lid. I think he did a little bit of sub 50 temp riding. LOL.
Sorry, just saw this now.

Pin Lock works reasonably well, but it's not perfect. I still get some fogging in very high humidity, with temps around freezing. 40F+ shouldn't be an issue.

The helmet is quiet. Maybe the most quiet that I've owned. I still use earplugs for highway riding, though, because the wind noise is still at a level that can cause damage over the long term.

The helmet is very comfortable, but YMMV based on head shape. The lining is removable, for cleaning. Air flow is quite good, but not quite up to the level of my old top of the line Arai or Shoei helmets. Then again those helmets aren't as quiet.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:28 AM   #23
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

I'm gonna head up to Tulsa today (about 90 miles away) to try on a Schuberth and see how it fits. Our local BMW shop carried them, but they closed down a couple of months ago because they were crooks apparently. (selling bikes on consignment and not giving the money to the owners, claiming warranty service to BMW that wasn't done, etc.)

I want to try on the new Shoei Neotec too, but nobody around here has one yet. I've found them in Austin, but I don't have time to make it down there yet.

I've been told by someone that attended a Shoei seminar for dealers at Daytona last week that they were told the Neotec is similar to the RF1100 in internal shape, so I'm going to find one of those to try on for a general idea.

Taking the BMW. I have some new long distance add-ons I need to try out and shake down before I use this bike for what it was made for here in about 2 weeks.. I'll post another thread on that later today.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:26 PM   #24
G-Rex
Where to next?

Well, no luck finding a Neotec as I expected. I tried on an RF1100, and it probably wouldn't have been bad IF I had never tried on the Schuberth.

Wow, comfortable and fits great. I wasn't sure how I would feel about the latch system, but it is nice. I like how easy it is to pop the shield off/on if need be too.

Very impressive, and it become obvious very quickly why it's a $700 helmet.

One thing I did notice that I wonder about. Trip, Ebbs, how did y'all get the Sena mounted? Did you have to pull back the neckroll a little bit to get the clamp in?
Old 03-17-2012, 07:00 PM   #25
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

I just looked at ebbs, if is just stickied on. I put a photo of out on facebook. He said that he had to trim the stickie stuff a little to get it over the lip on the bottom

Last edited by derf; 03-17-2012 at 07:06 PM..
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:12 PM   #26
Trip
Hold mah beer!

I used the sticker mount just behind the visor mech. Mic still reaches.

You look at my picture, you can see mine is stickered over the back side of the visor mount. I put it as far forward on the visor mech as possible without interfering with the movement of the visor mech. I cut off all the sticker that was on top the visor mech.

As far as the ratchet system. sew some velcro onto the cloth part to keep the ratchet system from rubbing your neck. This is standard on the euro version, don't know why they don't do it for us.

Last edited by Trip; 03-17-2012 at 07:16 PM..
Old 03-17-2012, 07:21 PM   #27
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

I think you should go cardo and sell your sena. Well, that is, if you go with this helmet. I love my cardo systems. And, it's made to go with that helmet.
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:12 PM   #28
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I think you should go cardo and sell your sena. Well, that is, if you go with this helmet. I love my cardo systems. And, it's made to go with that helmet.
Tried both, rather sena, even though it's not as invisible on the helmet. Plus, you can get a bunch of sena's for the price of the schuberth cardo system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!

Last edited by Trip; 03-17-2012 at 09:15 PM..
Old 03-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #29
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moira, I have a Cardo Q2 already (actually I have two, so if you know anybody that wants them let me know.) Unfortunately, it's not A2DP, so it doesn't support bluetooth tunes, which I want, so I have to move up to a different comm.

I could go either way re: Cardo or Sena, but the small button mic the Sena offers puts it a little ahead of the Cardo. The boom mic works, but I'm all for an option that moves it into more compact packaging. Plus, I don't intend to really use it for phone / talking / etc.

The whole reason I get on my bike is so I DON'T have to talk to people. LOL. The bluetooth tunes will be nice though, and that's my primary reason.

Last edited by G-Rex; 03-18-2012 at 04:11 PM..
G-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:58 PM   #30
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

My C3W just got here. Just in time to head to Detroit this weekend with BMW.
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote