Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Beginner's End

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2008, 08:51 PM   #39
lauralynne
667:Neighbor of the Beast

Moto: VTR1000, SV650, FZR400, CRF150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress Maygin View Post
If you read my post after that, it wasn't about the height so much as how big the bike is in width. If you put 3 bikes next to each other, all with the seat the same height off the floor, but one is a 1000, ones a 600 and the other a 250, "you" will set on each differently. At least I did with all the ones I sat on.
YOu can put 6 600's and they would each be different widths as well. The other important factor in being able to manage the bike (with shorter legs) is WHERE the weight is. I can tiptoe hold most bikes with one tiptoe down as long as the weight isn't up too high. When the weight is higher, I have to have more than one tiptoe down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress Maygin View Post
Hmm, I see what you're saying. Didn't mean to generalize incorrectly. Remember, I am still new to this. The numbers are the size of the engines, yes? So wouldn't a 1000 pretty much be about the same size on every bike? The body and what not would be different, yes, but... Or am I completely off here?

it's the INTERNAL size of the motor, not the external size. There are radical differences in height, width, weight between all motorcycles regardless of engine CC's

Married my best friend 8/30/09
lauralynne is offline   Reply With Quote