Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Events

Old 10-07-2009, 03:46 PM   #31
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
If/When I get a track bike, I'm in. Trailering to Barber or far south just isn't going to happen though.
What did you make of that bike Sunday?

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:56 PM   #32
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
What did you make of that bike Sunday?
It looks great. Couple (Very) minor scuffs on the clutch cover- so small they make Brian's look like he slid for a mile and wore it completely through The rest of it is immaculate. The headers are amazingly clean, and the plastics are in great shape, and the tail is much nicer than hotbodies. Few scuffs on the swingarm from boots, but the rearsets on it are much nicer for aggressive riding. The arrow exhaust on it sounds decent- definitely distinctive. There's also a box of nitnoid stock stuff (triple trees, bent fork, headlight), a ground down set of race plastics, power commander, shop manual, and extra sprockets. And the rear pitbull stand goes with it. Offered to let me ride it in the alley out back, but I wouldn't feel right without having the money to give if I drop it. And having no way to get it home...

He also has a Speed Triple, a 749, and an older GSXR 750 race bike in the same garage. All in very nice shape. None have terribly high mileage, but you can tell he takes care of them.

I didn't want to lowball the guy too bad, but asked if he'd take 3 grand. Nope- $3500 is the lowest he'll go. Fair enough. I just have to find a place to store it. Already have two bikes in the garage with all the other crap. Thinking of finding a self storage to put it in over the winter.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:22 AM   #33
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Sounds like you might be taking the plunge
Old 10-08-2009, 07:50 AM   #34
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
It looks great. Couple (Very) minor scuffs on the clutch cover- so small they make Brian's look like he slid for a mile and wore it completely through The rest of it is immaculate. The headers are amazingly clean, and the plastics are in great shape, and the tail is much nicer than hotbodies. Few scuffs on the swingarm from boots, but the rearsets on it are much nicer for aggressive riding. The arrow exhaust on it sounds decent- definitely distinctive. There's also a box of nitnoid stock stuff (triple trees, bent fork, headlight), a ground down set of race plastics, power commander, shop manual, and extra sprockets. And the rear pitbull stand goes with it. Offered to let me ride it in the alley out back, but I wouldn't feel right without having the money to give if I drop it. And having no way to get it home...

He also has a Speed Triple, a 749, and an older GSXR 750 race bike in the same garage. All in very nice shape. None have terribly high mileage, but you can tell he takes care of them.

I didn't want to lowball the guy too bad, but asked if he'd take 3 grand. Nope- $3500 is the lowest he'll go. Fair enough. I just have to find a place to store it. Already have two bikes in the garage with all the other crap. Thinking of finding a self storage to put it in over the winter.
Do you think you have enough time to wait? Has he had other offers?

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:43 AM   #35
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Do you think you have enough time to wait? Has he had other offers?
He's only posted it on one board that I can tell. Said he's had a few calls, but no one else he considered serious. If he doesn't sell it, he might race it next season in the smaller classes his new Ducati isn't eligible for. SS1000 I think?
Old 10-16-2009, 11:48 PM   #36
derf
token jewboy

I just got an email from tonys track days

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

We have released the first NJ trackday special and it's a good one! :-)

If you pay with a check, your price per day is just $187.50 and this will include garage space and can even include some weekend days. Finally, these are all on the bigger Thunderbolt course, which is the same course the Pros run on TV!

We have 6 confirmed dates for NJ next year, and 2 more tentative. We'll have some Sunday / Monday combinations as well as some Monday / Tuesdays. (full schedule is listed on our homepage)

We haven't set final pricing, but I'm thinking for the Sunday / Monday combinations, it will likely be $250 for Sundays and $225 for Mondays. (Yes, the track charges us more for a Monday combined with a Sunday)

On the Monday / Tuesday combos, the price will likely remain at $200 per day.

These would be the early payment prices and will go up in the last 2 weeks. Garage space will be $10 extra per day.

As always, we will limit the spots sold each day to ensure the track is not overcrowded. If you rode with us in NJ this year, you know that we always had tons of tracktime and minimal downtime due to crashes. We fully expect to continue this trend in 2010.

So if you think you'd like to join us in NJ next year for 3 events (an event is 2 consecutive days), here is the link to the specials page. Then NJ special is below the NH special.

http://www.tonystrackdays.com/catego...n-specials.htm

Thank you, and please email me with any questions before ordering.

Sincerely,

Tony
www.TonysTrackDays.com
$187 for a day isn't bad, I didnt see the dates on the website yet
Old 10-17-2009, 07:17 AM   #37
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
I just got an email from tonys track days

$187 for a day isn't bad, I didnt see the dates on the website yet
Thats def a thought, I am fine with doing weekdays instead of weekends anyway. I guess we will see when the schedules come out and what works best for everyone.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:17 PM   #38
derf
token jewboy

If you pay with a check in advance 187 is the standard price, weekday or weekend
Old 10-17-2009, 01:25 PM   #39
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
If you pay with a check in advance 187 is the standard price, weekday or weekend
thats good to know, that way we have the same price for whatever day is decided on.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:10 PM   #40
derf
token jewboy

Sun / Mon - May 2,3 (NJ)

Sun / Mon - June 27,28 (NJ)

Mon / Tue - Aug 30,31 (NJ)

Sun / Mon - Sept 19,20 (NJ)

Here are the days that Tony's will be at NJMP. The 2,3 may looks to work best with the group as a whole's schedule.