Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Model Reviews

Old 06-22-2009, 04:18 PM   #2
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

If informative posts getting deleted and all that crap then from now on I will refrain from coming to this particular subforum and share my knowledge about any bike, BMW or otherwise. Apparently you people don't want to hear about the bad quality control issues or design issues.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:31 PM   #3
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

QUOTE=eBBs15;229509]Oh well. At the end of the day ill buy what I want... And where I want[/QUOTE]

And you will get a GS....unless Trip decides that HE wants a different bike...

Hell I don't know shit about any of them but the little bit of "research" I've done () has shown me one thing. These bikes are all, including the Suzuki, the Ducati, the Aprillia and the Buell very different and have different strengths and weaknesses depending on what you want to use them for.

Old review but interesting,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4wxXZQ737w

I don't know You can get one of these for $4-5,000 in really good shape, I fully admit to being a Suzuki fanboy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXYSlNu1H3Q

Hell with the money you save, you could upgrade the suspension if you are really serious about off road. Racetech is but a phone call away!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:33 PM   #4
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

If I had he funds I might consider the BMW, but I am still pining for the Vstrom, thanks for the post Tig!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:33 PM   #5
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Hey where did the other posts go?.....abort, abort I'm outta this thread!!!!
Old 06-22-2009, 04:37 PM   #6
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I had he funds I might consider the BMW, but I am still pining for the Vstrom, thanks for the post Tig!
No problem... um are you dead too? It's funny, I hit "reply" and went and got my "research" stuff together and all the posts were gone.... Anyway, I'm cheap and dollar for dollar I don't understand where all that extra money goes for the other European bikes. I mean I understand that there are electronic gadgets, I'm just not sure a competent rider needs most of them...
Old 06-22-2009, 04:46 PM   #7
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
No problem... um are you dead too? It's funny, I hit "reply" and went and got my "research" stuff together and all the posts were gone.... Anyway, I'm cheap and dollar for dollar I don't understand where all that extra money goes for the other European bikes. I mean I understand that there are electronic gadgets, I'm just not sure a competent rider needs most of them...

Dead? Uh no...I wouldnt know how to use the fancy shit anyway, and I want something I can easily afford and perhaps buy used so when I beat the shit outta it, I dont feel guilty!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:22 PM   #8
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
If informative posts getting deleted and all that crap then from now on I will refrain from coming to this particular subforum and share my knowledge about any bike, BMW or otherwise. Apparently you people don't want to hear about the bad quality control issues or design issues.
But calling the gs a pussy bike is constructive how?

I agree housekeeping went a touch heavy on the bleach... Some good post were deleted... But a lot more shit was removed than quality.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 06:35 PM   #9
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Calling the gs a pussy bike and calling the long way guys butt buddies is not informative. It has nothing to do with the 800. The 800 thread is not a thread for ur love of ktm. If you want to be informative about the 800 go for it. If you want to be a douche your posts will disappear again.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:30 AM   #10
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

But the constant bashing on my Buell is fine.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote